NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I saw the photos of him being welcomed to NXT shaking hands with Triple H, like they always do, but I'm fairly sure nothing involving Nakamura has been mentioned on TV.

I was expecting him to debut at these tapings that began with this week's episode and something happen in time for Dallas, but I now suspect you have told me a bit of a spoiler from an upcoming episode.  :unsure:

• Paid Members

I was expecting him to debut at these tapings that began with this week's episode and something happen in time for Dallas, but I now suspect you have told me a bit of a spoiler from an upcoming episode.  :unsure:

Not that I am aware of. That was made in late January and was widely reported by all the news sites and discussed on here obviously. I don't know if the announcement was recorded for a future NXT episode or not.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

I don't think so, he hasn't really been given much. It's like he's been told to just go out there and have a highlight reel match every week for the past year or so. Which is fine, not a bad little spot to be in, but chucking him into a programme with someone to see how he does might not be a bad idea.

• Paid Members

His name is in that random midcard hat of nothing, sadly. Like Tyler Breeze and almost anybody in the midcard, really, he could be doing much better if they could be bothered putting some effort and thought into him. I fear he's doomed to trade wins until he finds a bloke with Big E's liquid hips.

Both Joe and Zayn should really be on 'Mania. Both are phenomenal.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Ah, well that's a shame for me too. I hate reading NXT spoilers but I definitely saw that story reported a lot over a month ago. Not that it's really giving anything away.

Yea, you're an idiot. Read back this thread, that match has been hidden in spoiler tags. It hasn't been reported by WWE in the slightest.

Edit: bit of an overreaction by me. Sorry arch.

Edited by Zebra Kid Mark

• Paid Members

Ah, well that's a shame for me too. I hate reading NXT spoilers but I definitely saw that story reported a lot over a month ago. Not that it's really giving anything away.

Yea, you're an idiot. Read back this thread, that match has been hidden in spoiler tags. It hasn't been reported by WWE in the slightest.

Sorry. What's happened there is that WWE themselves reported that Nakamura will debut at the NXT show in Dallas, while the news sites reported the finer details. It was 45 days ago, like. I'll amend the earlier post anyway.

I'm not one of those who make big deal out of accidental spoilers, so I wasn't too fussed.

But regarding the finish of last week's 2/3 falls match ...

They wouldn't have made out in the commentary that the Title match at Takeover Dallas was up for grabs, if they had already announced previously that Zayn would be in another match on that show.

A really good match but far from a classic or MotY candidate IMO. There were some good parts and I do like the idea of an important match taking up an entire episode, but I have to agree with an earlier post that it would've been better as a 30 minute match on a Takeover. It felt like a match that was booked to be an epic which without it actually having the substance to become one, if that makes sense.

Also echo the praises for the commentary, especially the mentions of the other scheduled matches for the show.