NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

On 9/26/2019 at 7:28 AM, Sonny Mustang said:

was hanging out at the ale house afterwards and triple h stopped in to say hello which was a nice gesture. I believe theres footage on the network and I’ll be signing headshots for $5.

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

Finally caught up with last week’s show. Ranallo is usually pretty grating IMO, but he seemed to be at his shoutiest ever when dives occurred on this show.

”TOWWWW-PAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!” when Dain did it.

”TOW-PAY CON HIIIIIIIROOOOOOOO!!!!!!!” in the main event.

Unbearable.

PS I’ve deliberately spelled his bawlings pho-en-etic-ly before any Spanish scholars turn up,

Thought it was a solid show, especially for long term NXT storytelling.

Riddle/Cole put on a good effort. You know what you're getting from these two, so if you didn't like previous matches involving them (like vs Strong or Gargano) then you wouldn't have enjoyed this much either, but it was decent enough. I did think they'd go for a Takeover rematch to put on an even better match but with Balor and Ciampa waiting in the wings, it's nice to have a slightly uncertain path going forward.

I was waiting for Ciampa after that first match so it was a nice swerve to bring Finn out. Have to wonder if Balor requested the NXT change. Would be interesting to hear more about that decision.

The Dream segment. Hmm. Didn't love it to be honest. He can be the best character on the roster but this wasn't that.

Io/Mia was fine. I'm much happier with Shirai's direction at the moment. Way more interesting than she was before.

Gargano/Thorne was short but sweet. Curious to see where they go with Johnny now. Decent showing from Shane but not sure if they see much in him.

Baszler and LaRae are a great combo of pure heel/face dynamic so really enjoyed that much. Right decision to have Shayna win as Candice isn't quite there yet, but I think she could be eventually.

Dunne/Burch was alright. Glad they're giving Pete a proper feud though, and I don't hate Priest so let's see how they work together.

Any time I watch the Street Profits I'm just wanting to fast forward to the era of Montez Ford because fuck me what a guy. Another good tag match but obviously it's all about Ciampa at the end. 

Felt a bit Takeover-ish with the 3 title matches and a couple of fillers, good show all round with some interesting feuds brewing coming out of it. Wouldn’t surprise me if we get the Wargames main event as UE v Ciampa, Balor and two others

Next week looks good with Walter against Kushida too

13 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Felt a bit Takeover-ish with the 3 title matches and a couple of fillers, good show all round with some interesting feuds brewing coming out of it. Wouldn’t surprise me if we get the Wargames main event as UE v Ciampa, Balor and two others

Next week looks good with Walter against Kushida too

UE vs Ciampa, Balor, Dream & Riddle, or the Street Profits maybe?

Would be strange for a Takeover to have none of the main belts defended though, unless they went all WCW 2000 and have the winning team take all the belts or something?

Edit - I suppose they would still have the womens, cruiserweight & UK title match they could use though

Edited by The King of Old School

Good show. I'd say it was the better of the two shows overall this time around but then they did pull all out the stops this week.

Cole v Riddle was great and a nice surprise to get Balor. I'm personally expecting him to spend the next few months here before going back to RAW to resume his feud with the Fiend, and it's cool that they can do stuff like that.