Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Three decades worth of lying and leaving his wrestlers either crippled or financially destitute has really damaged Heyman's reputation.

I know. Poor Brock Lesnar and CM Punk, we should start a whip-round.

• Paid Members

Lesnar and Punk didn't put themselves through flaming tables, take stupid bumps and generally fuck themselves up to get little or no money off someone supposedly they could trust. Well definitely Lesnar, Punk's indy days are still a bit iffy.

But back to the point, pipe down Loki, whatever attempt at smart arsery failed.

All you can really expect of a lesser promotion is that you get enough publicity to make yourself of interest to the big boys - in those days, WCW and WWF. Plenty of Heyman alumni got opportunities in both federations. What they did with those opportunities was up to them.

I'm not defending his sweaty arse against lying, general weaselness, and being a financial nightmare, but all those guys got national tv exposure through his efforts. Some guys with talent, like RVD or Rhyno, made something of their opportunities in WWE. Some guys like Sandman got money contracts with WCW which frankly far exceeded their abilities. Some guys never developed any skills beyond being hit over the head hard or throwing themselves through tables, and are now fucked.

I think the hardcore style is shit, and a ridiculous thing to honestly believe you can make a long-term living from, but it's hardly Heyman's fault.

• Paid Members

I'm with Loki on this un. Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Taz, RVD, Rhyno all did pretty well out of ECW. I'm aware two of those men are dead, but I don't think Heyman is particularly to blame for those two in particular.

I also agree with Loki, Paul Heyman while hardly a honest business man was responsible for the deaths of any wrestler that I can think of.

Also in regards to Punk and Lesner both have been very vocal in saying that Heyman played a big part in them being in the position they are in today.

Three decades worth of lying and leaving his wrestlers either crippled or financially destitute has really damaged Heyman's reputation.

Hard to believe a wrestling promoter would ever be less than forthcoming with the truth. Which wrestlers were left crippled and financially destitute?

Edited by Wendell Cooley

Just seen on Lordsofpain that Jim Korderas is releasing an autobiography. That should be really interesting I reckon, as i've never read anything by a referee and member of the ring crew before.

It's meant to be out in April.

Interesting for us folk, but who the fuck really knows who Korderas is? It'll sell terribly. Now, an Earl Hebner auto-biography, that'd be flying off the shelf.

• Moderators
Just seen on Lordsofpain that Jim Korderas is releasing an autobiography. That should be really interesting I reckon, as i've never read anything by a referee and member of the ring crew before.

Interesting for us folk, but who the fuck really knows who Korderas is?

Who do you think he's fucking aiming it at? It's the same market as Gary Michael Cappetta's book. He's not going to be expecting to have it stocked by WH Smiths, is he?

• Paid Members

Interesting for us folk, but who the fuck really knows who Korderas is?

What exactly is the point you're making here? Don't write an autobiography unless a certain amount of people know who you are?