Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Who do you think he's fucking aiming it at? It's the same market as Gary Michael Cappetta's book. He's not going to be expecting to have it stocked by WH Smiths, is he?

That's another book I read recently, enjoyed that too.

Surely the audiobook would be better in this case!

• Paid Members

Agreed. His AOW interview was one of the best Cabana's done. Also, I always enjoyed him on Aftermath when I could be arsed listening to that. It was really interesting hearing opinions on stuff from a ref's point of view. I'd certainly read his autobiography if I could be bothered.

• Moderators
I'm with Loki on this un. Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Taz, RVD, Rhyno all did pretty well out of ECW. I'm aware two of those men are dead, but I don't think Heyman is particularly to blame for those two in particular.

Two dead and another three of them pretty crippled. I don't think he's any more to blame than any other promoter though.

• Paid Members
I'm with Loki on this un. Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Taz, RVD, Rhyno all did pretty well out of ECW. I'm aware two of those men are dead, but I don't think Heyman is particularly to blame for those two in particular.

Two dead and another three of them pretty crippled. I don't think he's any more to blame than any other promoter though.

Meh, all of those guys apart from Taz carried on wrestling for like 10 years after ECW folded.

Just seen on Lordsofpain that Jim Korderas is releasing an autobiography. That should be really interesting I reckon, as i've never read anything by a referee and member of the ring crew before.

It's meant to be out in April.

Interesting for us folk, but who the fuck really knows who Korderas is?

What exactly is the point you're making here? Don't write an autobiography unless a certain amount of people know who you are?

My point is simply that he's unlikely to profit from it. If it's more about telling his story than a business venture, then more power to him.

Shelton Benjamin was granted his release from ROH according to F4Wonline.com.

He is reported to have requested this so that he could negotiate and potentially leave for WWE as they have contacted him. At the moment, he can still appear on ROH television but he is no longer under a contractual obligation to be there.

Benjamin is expected back in WWE since he has gone as far as getting out of his ROH contract, many feel its just a matter of time.

Anybody seen this?

• Paid Members

Please not Shelton Benjamin, he's so fucking boring. Does anyone want to see him back? Even ROH fans thought he was boring, that's how boring he is.

Doesn't some Jap promotion Zero 7 or Hustler or someone want him?

Please not Shelton Benjamin, he's so fucking boring. Does anyone want to see him back? Even ROH fans thought he was boring, that's how boring he is.

Doesn't some Jap promotion Zero 7 or Hustler or someone want him?

I think if Haas came back with him as the WGTT and WWE gave them a manager to do their promos, then they would be a fine addition to the tag division (if they took it serious and didn't have them losing to Khali a couple of months into their return) and to the mid-card. While I agree he can be pretty boring, he was a very capable wrestler (I have not seen him in ROH, is he any better/worse then when he left WWE?).

• Paid Members
(I have not seen him in ROH, is he any better/worse then when he left WWE?).

I've seen him wrestle in New Japan plenty. He has eliminated the sloppiness that still kept creeping into his WWE performances right up until the end, and works the crowd slightly more, but otherwise he is pretty much the same. And he still uses Paydirt, which one or two on here would rather he eliminate from his repertoire if he was to come back. He is the perfect foil for technician Haas in tag team matches, but you pretty much saw all there was in singles in his last run.