Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

He just randomly resurfaced after rumors of him being in hiding to avoid paying child support for hit multiple children. He also worked practically all of the "Extreme rising" events recently.

Saturn will forever be a legend because of this story about naked hookers and a large dildo on his head.

http://youtu.be/pFS-7BICOxw

• Paid Members

For me, Saturn's legendary status is assured by that story of him saving that girl from being raped.

Just imagine being the sort of lowlife who does that kind of thing, and the fear that must have enveloped them as a crazy-looking motherfucker, wide as he is tall and with two parallel lines tattooed down the middle of his head comes storming out of the mists of the alleyway, you shoot him IN THE NECK with a pellet gun and it barely phases him, and he proceeds to beat the hell out of both you and your mate. It's like something from the darker spectrum of DC Comics.

Courtesy of bigtimewrestlinguk.com....

MEMORIES of the World of Sport era when ring action latterly including All Star bills were a Saturday afternoon must for millions of viewers, will be revived on Thursday (December 13) in a nostalgic BBC4 Timeshift documentary: 'Wrestling's Golden Age - Grapples, Grunts and Grannies,' starting at 9pm. The cameras zoomed-in on the ring action during All Star's Legends Night at Croydon's Fairfield Halls back in June when there were interviews with some of the competitors and former stars attending the event as guests. The great ring feuds between Giant Haystacks (pictured above, left) and Big Daddy (above right) are remembered plus an explosive FA Cup final day clash between Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus. Now 92, Mick was due to have attended All Star's Croydon event but was sadly kept away by illness. Among ring legends sharing memories and anecdotes for Timeshift include Adrian Street, Johnny Kincaid and Klondyke Kate while Kendo Nagasaki spoke through his spiritual medium Atlantis! Another highlight is provided by a rare interview with Max Crabtree, the man at the Dale Martin helm in the 1970s and 1980s.

I never realised Triple H and Perry Saturn were particularly good friends. Is that just from their time in WWE?

If Ziggler wins the world title, I'm praying Billy Gunn comes out to challenge him for it at Wrestlemania. And beats him.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members

They trained together with Killer Kowalski I believe.

Had no idea Saturn was about in FCW and even on any sort of terms with WWE and that he is fills me with joy. I love Saturn, always have. I like the idea of him being a hardass trainer in FCW, really do. Can't imagine he'd take any shit. Sort those poofs right out.

• Paid Members
I never realised Triple H and Perry Saturn were particularly good friends. Is that just from their time in WWE?

They were tag team champions in the International Wrestling Federation in the early 1990s.

24.jpg

If I told you they feuded with "Kip Winchester" and "Brett Colt", could you guess who that pair would end up better known as?

Clue :

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

There really is only one "Kip" in wrestling, isn't there?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Saturn also dated Chyna at one point, would you believe.

Edited by air_raid

Billy Gunn for a surprise entry in the rumble? Could definitely see that happening.

At this point I think it's a given. Anytime they get a former star under contract as an agent, they tend to trot them out for appearances, and the Rumble is a good place to make that happen.

Also, with the resurgence of the tag division, let NAO have a month long nostalgia run, please. If Rhodes Scholars win the tag titles, NAO vs. Rhodes Scholars on PPV would be terrific, and be a nice callback to Raw 1000.

Had no idea Saturn was about in FCW and even on any sort of terms with WWE and that he is fills me with joy. I love Saturn, always have. I like the idea of him being a hardass trainer in FCW, really do. Can't imagine he'd take any shit. Sort those poofs right out.

I'm not too well versed on what trainers do, do they focus on just the technical aspect of doing moves or do they work on storytelling/psychology as well? Just asking because I thought the latter might be more a road agent's job, and also, Saturn was never the greatest with match structure. His moves always looked boss though.

Speaking of old faces from the 90s, Buff Bagwell said this in a recent interview:

"Me and Eric are talking. Sting wants me to come down there and work for TNA. So we are in talks, we are waiting for me to get back to 100%. We are about 2 weeks out. I just spoke to Sting yesterday. So Eric is gonna bring me down and talk to me and just see what happens, so I am in the mix with maybe going back to TNA now."

• Paid Members

The big Hurricane Sandy concert ended in travesty the other night. The show ran long and just as soon as Paul McCartney strapped his bass on it cut away and The Miz was in the ring. There's hell on about it. Imagine just being a normal person sitting down to watch a tribute to Hurricane Sandy and waiting all night to see McCartney and then wrestling pops up on the telly? And not just any wrestling. A portion of a wrestling show where the Miz is the first person you see! That would be like Keith Lemon interrupting Live Aid.

I'd imagine they used WWE to do the feed for the show (something they're doing a lot of these days), a kinda similar thing happened at the live youtube streaming of Rock In Rio festival last year when it cut off halfway through and said something like 'WWE HD Stamford' on screen for ages.

• Paid Members
I have NOT been contacted by WWE. I still work for New Japan Pro Wrestling. I don't know anything about these rumours. Sorry.

@The305MVP

Hmm.

New Japan runs through the contract renewals in January, so his comment is simultaneously accurate but also says nothing about his future whatsoever. I think he'll probably have to listen to whatever offers he gets, he's not on the card for the Dome show on the 4th (nine match card, eleven including dark match multi mans) and I can't imagine them renewing his deal. If they'd turned him heel he might be in the spot Harry Smith is in right now, but they really don't need him cluttering up the midcard. The novelty is over.

I have NOT been contacted by WWE. I still work for New Japan Pro Wrestling. I don't know anything about these rumours. Sorry.

@The305MVP

Hmm.

New Japan runs through the contract renewals in January, so his comment is simultaneously accurate but also says nothing about his future whatsoever. I think he'll probably have to listen to whatever offers he gets, he's not on the card for the Dome show on the 4th (nine match card, eleven including dark match multi mans) and I can't imagine them renewing his deal. If they'd turned him heel he might be in the spot Harry Smith is in right now, but they really don't need him cluttering up the midcard. The novelty is over.

are you still watched New Japan air_raid? How are Harry Smith and Lance Archer doing?