Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Shelton had a few moments were he looked like breaking out, but there's only so many times you can be booked to beat HHH or jump off a ladder, he's used them all up. He's the exact same wrestler as he was when he was released in 2009/10, for being the exact same wrestler as he was in 2005.

WWE don't need any more bland midcarders.

Please not Shelton Benjamin, he's so fucking boring. Does anyone want to see him back? Even ROH fans thought he was boring, that's how boring he is.

Doesn't some Jap promotion Zero 7 or Hustler or someone want him?

I think if Haas came back with him as the WGTT and WWE gave them a manager to do their promos, then they would be a fine addition to the tag division (if they took it serious and didn't have them losing to Khali a couple of months into their return) and to the mid-card. While I agree he can be pretty boring, he was a very capable wrestler (I have not seen him in ROH, is he any better/worse then when he left WWE?).

Can't see a WGTT return. Haas isn't coming back to get fucked about with again. Not now he doesn't need to.

I think they want as many bodies as possible. With all of these shows they got going now. Benjamin has done it before and knows what to expect and what is expected. It's easy with him. They'll sort him out with a bit of hip-hop and start calling him 'the best pure athlete' in the company.

Edited by Shovanist Pig

I think they want as many bodies as possible. With all of these shows they got going now.

I doubt it. Since Raw's been three hours, they haven't run out of people on the roster. Yoshi Tatsu, The Usos, Kidd, Gabriel, JTG, Johnny Curtis, Alex Riley, Zeke Jackson, McGillicutty, Mason Ryan, Curt Hawkins, Ted DiBiase, Trent Baretta, Regal... These all very rarely, if ever, get a spot on Raw. Some of them are or have been injured, but mostly they're just ignored. And Shelton Benjamin is no better than them. He's basically the exact same wrestler as quite a lot of them. He's not bringing anything to the table that isn't already there. If he is coming back, I hope he's kept mostly on Superstars where I won't see him, but surely he's on a better wage than someone just out of NXT who could do Superstars matches.

• Paid Members
I doubt it. Since Raw's been three hours, they haven't run out of people on the roster. Yoshi Tatsu, The Usos, Kidd, Gabriel, JTG, Johnny Curtis, Alex Riley, Zeke Jackson, McGillicutty, Mason Ryan, Curt Hawkins, Ted DiBiase, Trent Baretta, Regal...

I think the idea is they want to get lots of "good hands" back that achieved some level of "over" and/or won a few belts between them, which Regal aside (isn't he retired?) none of that lot really count as. I imagine a Shelton/Masters/Carlito given what I think of as the "Marty Jannetty 95" treatment - reintroduced on Raw by getting to beat some loser they really have few hopes for, then set about having competitive matches with the developing guys that they want to turn into the next set of genuine stars, losing more than they win.

• Paid Members

It was mentioned a few months back that the Jeff stuff was mainly leaning on the fact he wanted an Album out. I don't know if WWE have even got in touch, but he'd be back on the top of the card, plus I'm sure they'd knock an album out for him in a John Cena/Lillian Garcia style thing.

Plus, if the rumors are true, WWE were looking into giving him a decent work schedule that didn't involve him being at every show. Whilst he's doing well in TNA at the moment, again the "rumors" are all this is just to stop him jumping ship, whilst he had been previously a mid card sort of guy for the previous year since his return really. If anything I personally think it's probably a bad idea for him to stay with TNA.

Bringing back all these old guys won't change much if they don't stop being so lazy in the booking of the non-main event guys. Making more matches for more wrestlers will will have a limited effect. Usos, Riley, Tyson, Clay, Truth etc. could all be solid mid card acts if the show wasn't so top heavy in the deployment of stories/feuds/promos. Even the current Int/Us title guys would be more over if they did something outside of the tired and shitty - bloke on commentary - bloke interrupts the ongoing match - title match next week and for the next couple of months - for every fucker. I hope they only bring back the good talkers, Benjamin can fuck right off.