Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Imagine Vince having his Subway, and a bloke in a Santino shirt walks in asking if he'd sign KENTA.

What do you reckon Vince has from Subway? I reckon a foot-long Meatball Marinara. I certainly wouldn't want that interrupted by a wrestling fan.

Steak. Rare. On Herby Italian. I have nothing to support this theory.

Imagine Vince having his Subway, and a bloke in a Santino shirt walks in asking if he'd sign KENTA.

What do you reckon Vince has from Subway? I reckon a foot-long Meatball Marinara. I certainly wouldn't want that interrupted by a wrestling fan.

This is the only way Vince would eat FACT!!!!!

sushi.jpg

Edited by Allstar69

• Paid Members

That annoys me.

What's wrong with having fat bastards in Wrestling? They used to nag Big Show for years to lose weight. Why?! He's meant to be fat to stand out from the crowd. I bet Vince wasn't telling the Natural Disasters to hit the treadmill back in 1992.

That annoys me.

What's wrong with having fat bastards in Wrestling?

They don't want wrestlers to drop dead in the ring, look like slobs or keep getting hurt because they're big fat bastards. Big Daddy V was on a pretty good run until they found out that he might actually die during a match.

They used to nag Big Show for years to lose weight. Why?! He's meant to be fat to stand out from the crowd.

Because they didn't want him dropping dead in the ring, looking like a slob or getting hurt because he's a fat bastard. Big Show is the absolute worst example you could use as well, because he is a giant so he's the last person who needs to be fat to stand out.

I watched Survivor Series 2003 the other night, and was blown away by how svelte Henry looked, he looked more muscular, faster and a lot more dangerous as a result. Combine that version of Henry with the skills he exhibited in his last main event run, and he could have a hell of a final run atop the WWE.

• Moderators

Because the whole point of his last run is that he was a mass of humanity. That's why it worked. His style was perfect for his appearance and demeanour. Being faster is one of the worse things for that kind of deal.

He'd still be a mass of humanity, just slightly more athletic. Brock Lesnar was a mass of humanity who was able to be swift, didn't harm his monster aura, and Henry would still be considerably bigger than Brock. Not like he's going to return as a cruiserweight.

Along the same lines, Albert in the early 2000's worked a good big man style, but now that he's packed on the pounds he's almost immobile in the ring. Not everyone needs to be a star athlete, but a modicum of athleticism helps performances. I'm excited to see the new fitter Henry.

• Moderators

No, Albert really didn't work a good big man style in the early 2000s at all. He was never any good at Titan and still isn't now. He was shit with Droz, shit with Boss Man, shit with X-factor, shit with Scotty 2 Hotty, and shit as A-Train. He at no point was any fucking good during that first WWF/E run. Apparently he was good in Japan, but I'm still sceptical of that as he's still shit now.

And as regards being athletic, athleticism means very little in wrestling to me. It's a crutch. That's all it is. That's why Jerry Lawler is so damned good, and Shelton Benjamin and Davey Richards are so shit. Wrestling is knowing when to do things. Not just doing things because you're physically able to. Not much of a Pro Wrestler? Then just do "Athletic" stuff instead and Emperor's New Clothes people into thinking you're ace!

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Brock Lesnar was a mass of humanity who was able to be swift, didn't harm his monster aura, and Henry would still be considerably bigger than Brock.

Brock used to take German Suplexes and top rope suplexes from the likes of Benoit, Kurt Angle and RVD. He wasn't a mass of humanity type giant. He was a big strong bloke, but the idea of Lesnar was that you had a chance against him. Like Cena. He's bumps and sells and he's a massive bloke, too. Mark Henry is a limited worker whether he's small or bigger, so him being more mobile doesnt mean much. What got Henry over was they portrayed him as this super strong monster. Brock was never a monster in a Goldberg/Ryback/Andre way. He would always sell for the Hardy Boyz or Bob Holly.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay