Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
So people haven't been calling it 'Titan' since forever and Titan wasn't actually the parent company of WWF then? WWF wasn't based in New York then? (Well, it wasn't really but MSG was the main stop so people called it New York) It's the same as people calling WCW 'Turner', which they did. Wind your neck in, and stop being a fool.

Jesus christ, listen to any shoot interview and you'll always hear 'Titan' or 'New York' ad nauseum.

"Down south" means WCW, "New York" means WWF. You hear that a lot from wrestlers of a certain vintage. In The Wrestler they also refer to WWE as "The Show" I think; is that common now?

Using terms not heard on TV and things which are primarily now exclusive to shoot interviews and the like are bound to rub people the wrong way now and then, let those who have the finger pointed at them do some finger pointing!

As for Lister's account of the show he went to, that sounds fantastic. The promotion most local to me runs a show alongside a Halloween themed day each year with a firework display afterwards. It's great to hear the different reactions from the blokes who will rag on how a punch wouldn't hurt but then start jeering and swearing at the bad guy when he does something dastardly.

Titan Sports was the parent company, yes. But using it in the context you did just came across as a bit smarky to me. Maybe I am wrong though; and if so I am sorry.

When I think Titan I think of the lad who was in FMW.

Yeah, because thinking of wrestlers from Chinese hardcore federations is casual as fuck.

• Moderators
Yeah, my point was that the wrestlers and people in the business use those terms. It sounded out of place. I'd probably let it slide, but when you're a pedant over moveset I thought I'd pipe up.

Even PWI would use "Titan" on occasion, you breast. It's nothing like the whole moveset thing. Please be quiet.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Anyone who grew up reading those black and white magazines with the colour posters wouldn't be against using "Titan". There's countless times I forget myself and typed "WWF" in the Raw threads. People know what you mean. If it is apart of your vernacular growing up and learning about the business, its something you say. Its such an insane thing to argue against. Do people who say "worked for Dixon" or "Baba's league in the 90s" get shot down with the same vigor?

Who was PacMan before?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay