Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
He's being advertised for the January 11th Smackdown, so yes.

Is multi millionaire buying a car for his mom really such a lovely thing? I'm sure it happens all the time.

Well with the way the Rock worded his reasons for buying the car. It seems like a more personal thing, than spoiling her because he can.

• Paid Members

I dont know what's happening next week, but WWE are expecting the viewership to be down by a huge margin and they wanted to keep him away from it. The idea was not to waste a Rock appearance on a show that will bomb huge, so I have no idea if he's on it next week. He was originally meant to be, but I dont know if he is anymore.

• Paid Members
He's being advertised for the January 11th Smackdown, so yes.

Is multi millionaire buying a car for his mom really such a lovely thing? I'm sure it happens all the time.

Well with the way the Rock worded his reasons for buying the car. It seems like a more personal thing, than spoiling her because he can.

Too be fair he's been worth a small fortune for years and he's only now bought her that. I mean he might of bought her a Mini Metro back in 99 and kept it quiet or something but he's not rushed himself to make that special gesture has he. ;)

Lets hope she never needs a kidney in a hurry.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
Never mind that, look at his fucking arms! Surely that's not a month in advance. He's gonna be on telly soon.

He's preparing to play Hercules in a new movie so he's the most jacked he's ever been in his whole life. CM Punk is going to look like a skinny little girl next to him.

Look at this shit:

reg_634.therock.jc.121812.jpeg

the-rock-message-to-cm-punk-L-i7a_A2.jpeg

• Paid Members

He's going to look like Andre next to CM Punk. He's already 6'5, now he's looking jacked to shit. He torn his hamstring against Cena last year and he suffered a snapped Achilles a few years back. All that weight he's got isn't doing him any good for the future. I'm all for getting roided off your face if you are doing a movie, but doing matches while doing it cant be good.

• Paid Members

Jesus, Rocky looks jacked. He looks almost Ultimate Warrior like. I wonder how much is he weighing.

Also, Meltzer's daily update yesterday had a note from a guy who knows some people who work out at the gym that The Rock is currently using.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-sto...nson-trarining-

--Reader Andy Thurston noted Dwayne Johnson was in Boston this week training at a gym just outside the city and noted that three guys he worked with met him there. He said he was nice to everyone as long as they didn't bother him while he was lifting, and they said he's doing a lot of squats and averaging two to two-and-a-half hours each day training.
Edited by nfc90210

• Paid Members

If Rock comes back looking like that it will convince all those who think of wrestling (the non wrestling fans) as full of roided up empty heads with a short life span. Its been great the last year or so with Bryan and Punk and smaller guys main eventing.

• Paid Members

The days of giant muscle men who try and emulate the likes of Hogan and Goldberg were definitely left behind us in 2012. Rock would seem out of place in the needle in the arse free world of WWE these days. Especially with Dolph Ziggler as the new face of the company.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
The days of giant muscle men who try and emulate the likes of Hogan and Goldberg were definitely left behind us in 2012. Rock would seem out of place in the needle in the arse free would of WWE these days. Especially with Dolph Ziggler as the new face of the company.

I wouldn't go that far. Ryback received the biggest push of the year, and, though we tend to lose sight of it, John Cena is fucking huge as well. Maybe not 80's Hogan huge but he's still a big, big dude.

Edited by nfc90210