Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It reminded me of Matt Striker and I felt sick.

I'm in two minds about it. I hear what you are saying if it had been your quote you would be happy. And like the laid back "some bloke" way of putting it. But Lister is a published author who wrote a glowing review of the show which garnered a fair bit of attention on here for them. It was suggested on here by somebody that they should use the quote for a poster. And who gives a fuck what some bloke on the ukff thinks but J. N. Lister from FSM carries a bit more weight.

• Paid Members

It's an in joke from a promotion that regularly uses them or just is out to have fun with their audience, its not a great disrespect to Lister, I can probably guarantee that 95% of the audience that went to the show know nothing of the UKFF or FSM and the quote reads like amovie poster. You may not know the site reviewing the movie, or the authours name, but if its on a poster and says its good 'hey, lets check it out'. The fact the other quote makes fun of guys in tights when watching a wrestling show obviously shows there is no harm intended.

The poster design itself is fucking magnificent though.

I'm not saying its disrespectful to Lister, just that they possibly missed a trick getting such a review where they could have used Lister's credentials. But I take on board that going from what he said about the crowd they would be unfamiliar with both the ukff and FSM. But attracting other fans who are aware of FSM but not the ukff may have helped encourage them to check it out. Maybe I'm just taking it too seriously.

• Paid Members

Probably not taking it too seriously my friend, I do understand your points in regards to getting more people involved but yeah I feel anyone who tends to read FSM and isn't on the UKFF and sees a show local to them, it won't make much f a difference who says what. If the industry was bigger maybe, but for the size it is yeah seems to just be a bit of fun.

Ooh. Not a bad lineup, might even tempt me in.

I don't think that is going to be the lineup for the match. It's too good. If it's Rock and Cena at WrestleMania, they won't be in the chamber match together a month earlier, will they? Although... Say Rock wins the title at Rumble, Cena beating him in the chamber for it would then kind of put them at 1-1 and make WrestleMania the decider. I wouldn't mind that story at all.

But if Cena doesn't win the Rumble, surely Ryback or Sheamus will. If they're all in the chamber, who would win the Rumble? Orton? Lesnar?

Ooh. Not a bad lineup, might even tempt me in.

I don't think that is going to be the lineup for the match. It's too good. If it's Rock and Cena at WrestleMania, they won't be in the chamber match together a month earlier, will they? Although... Say Rock wins the title at Rumble, Cena beating him in the chamber for it would then kind of put them at 1-1 and make WrestleMania the decider. I wouldn't mind that story at all.

But if Cena doesn't win the Rumble, surely Ryback or Sheamus will. If they're all in the chamber, who would win the Rumble? Orton? Lesnar?

I saw it as half Raw, half Smackdown. Like Rock, Cena and Punk make 3 of the 6 in the Raw Chamber match, Sheamus, Show and Ryback, who moves to Smackdown after winning the Rumble, make up half the SD Chamber.

Oh. Fuck that then.

As a mega-casual viewer, I don't give a fuck about Raw or Smackdown. But I'd quite like to see the match suggested on the poster.