Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Much different from The Rock coming back and getting mega pop though?

I would assume the outlwas would get a big pop on a Raw or PPV, Rock spikes the buyrate and viewing numbers with it.

• Paid Members

Well yeah obviously that, and perhaps not the best example to use but there are similarities though. Anyone The Rock comes back to work with should get a good rub. Likewise, if The Outlaws come back to decent pop, surely they can easily use that to give some heel tags a rub (Primetime Players come to mind), if they do it right they can get some decent heat for PTP. In turn, they are more over as heels, which will make it easier for their next feud opponents to get over if they want to see the Players get their arses handed to them. Thus the cycle continues, and the New Age Outlaws have just fueled a new golden age of tag team wrestling. Probably.

• Paid Members
Well yeah obviously that, and perhaps not the best example to use but there are similarities though. Anyone The Rock comes back to work with should get a good rub. Likewise, if The Outlaws come back to decent pop, surely they can easily use that to give some heel tags a rub (Primetime Players come to mind), if they do it right they can get some decent heat for PTP. In turn, they are more over as heels, which will make it easier for their next feud opponents to get over if they want to see the Players get their arses handed to them. Thus the cycle continues, and the New Age Outlaws have just fueled a new golden age of tag team wrestling. Probably.

You're absolutely right, it would be great to see that happen. It seems like an opportunity that WWE continually pass up when legends return to TV for special appearances. Slaughter always jobs, but a lot of the time the old boys get the upper hand on the current heels. That whole business with Heath Slater last year was great entertainment, but achieved nothing at all in the long term. I mean, I don't care too much so long as the TV is fun, but it would be nice to see the current talent get a bit more of a rub sometimes.

• Paid Members
I don't agree about the Slater thing - it really helped establish him as an obnoxious wannabe with the annoying singing and taunts. It could have been parlayed into him playing a part on the show after Raw 1000, instead of doing sod all until 3MB.

Well that's what I was getting at really- it didn't do much for him in the long term and he was already an obnoxious rock star wannabe before all the legends beat him up. Slater's probably a bad example anyway, because he's never going to be more than a comedy heel jobber, but he just happened to be an example that was fresh on my mind. My point is that WWE could better employ their old boys to help establish their current heels as dastardly bastards. Few characters can elicit sympathy like an old favourite getting battered by a cocky young stud. Worked well for Randy Orton. I know it's an extreme example, because we're talking about the biggest name in the history of the business, but Lesnar destroying Hulk Hogan was an incredible defining moment in his rise to the top too.

Basically, I think what I'm trying to say is that someone needs to give Shawn Michaels a fucking good hiding soon. Instant top heel.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Apparently, Madusa has tweeted that she'll be around for the 20th anniversary of RAW.

Would certainly be different from the usual Trish, Lita, Steph and Mae Young. Not sure how big a reaction she'd get though, unless she brought a bin to the ring with her with the old women's belt inside it and they decided to go back to that title.

Not sure how big a reaction she'd get though, unless she brought a bin to the ring with her with the old women's belt inside it and they decided to go back to that title.

Why would anyone give two fucks of a monkey's uncle's shit if she did that?

Not sure how big a reaction she'd get though, unless she brought a bin to the ring with her with the old women's belt inside it and they decided to go back to that title.

Why would anyone give two fucks of a monkey's uncle's shit if she did that?

To appease three posters on Wrestling Classic board, maybe.

Does he have an attitude problem or something? That's the only reason I can think of as to why both WWE and TNA lost interest in him after initially making an effort to push him.

Court Bauer has said on the MLW podcast that he was a pain in the arse backstage, and rubbed people up the wrong way. Cm Punk doesn't seem to keen on him either.