Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

This is a good idea all round, plus last Lockdown, Slammiversary and Bound for Glory were all outside of the impact zone so they are on their way to presenting their main shows as a big deal. I have to echo that TNA pay per views are usually an inconvenience and at times even shows like BFG appear to have a fairly rushed card announced due to having to work around so many pay per views. As for the taped events, I think its great as we will have some fresh shows free of any storyline which should be a bit of fun to see a few times a year on Challenge. Plus, for a paying audience in the US there are a number of fans that I'm sure will be all over these events if they are featuring some old X division favorites or the top indy talent.

^ I'd like to see a Jack Evans appearance on a "TNA vs. AAA" One Night Only PPV special. Just saying...

I'd like to see Jack Evans fuck off. He's just so gawky and awkward to watch at everything. They started pushing him in AAA this time last year, thank god they didn't go too far with that.

Wargames.

Ring ka king v TNA Bring back Steiner(a guy can dream) vs. Jarrett, Dr. Nick Dinsmore, American Adonis etc.

WWE v TNA bring in ex WWE names Big Daddy V, Carlito etc.

WCW reunion

Japan v TNA

Mexico v TNA

World Cup tournament.

Loads of stuff they could do but probably won't. Come up with something original even.

Edited by moofasa

WWE WORKHORSE INJURED, OUT FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR

by Mike Johnson @ 5:40 PM on 1/10/2013

WWE star Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson), who was dubbed a "workhorse" by CM Punk on his promo this past Monday, will be out of action 10-12 months.

We're still working on details of exactly when this happened but Kidd suffered a fractured knee and a torn ACL over the holiday house show loop. I am told he actually worked on the injury after he suffered it and worked the next night of the tour as well, so he's one tough, insane SOB.

Kidd's team with Justin Gabriel had regularly been one of the best parts of WWE's secondary TV programming like Superstars, so this is a real blow to those shows.

That's a shame. Sounds bloody painful too

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

What an absolute bastard that is. He's one of the guys I always love to see on TV and one of the few of the current crop where I make an actual effort to check out their matches if I happen to miss a show he's on. Hope he recovers as soon as he can and can come back better than ever.

And here are the themes for the new TNA One Night Only PPVs:

As noted earlier on PWInsider.com, TNA will be doing a series of taped "One Night Only" PPV events airing the first Friday night of months they are not broadcasting live PPV events.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources the themes for the taped PPVs will be....

TNA X-Travaganza, featuring the stars of the X-Division (airing in April, taping 1/13).

TNA Joker's Wild Tag Team Special, featuring enemies teaming and a Battle Royal final (airing in May, taping 1/13)

TNA Hardcore Justice 2 - ECW reunion style "hardcore" show featuring hardcore stipulation matches bringing in ECW talents.

TNA "10 Reunion" - Stars from the early days of TNA battling inside a Six-Sided ring.

TNA Knockouts Knockdown - One night Knockout tournament with the first round being all stipulation matches and the final four in a "test of their stamina" to see who the final victor is.

TNA International Incident - One night tournament featuring talent from " United States, India, Mexico, Ireland, Canada, Germany, Japan & the UK" with the winner earning a TNA title shot.

TNA X-Division World Cup Tournament - four teams of X-Division wrestlers in a one night tournament featuring singles, tag, six man and eight man tag bouts.

TNA World Cup of Wrestling - Four teams, each captained by a TNA wrestler featuring a Heavyweight wrestler, a tag team and an X-Division wrestler battling in singles, tag and stipulation bouts. The finale will be a "two ring, triple chance Battle Royal."

There are no confirmed taping dates yet for the PPV specials beyond January.

Most of these sounds really cool, IMO. 2013 should be a fun year for TNA on PPV.

Edited by pgi86

I'll be honest, I quite like all the One Night Only PPV's they have announced. The knockout show might be pushing it, but to have a whole PPV dedicated to them would mean they would need more talent, which they are in desperate need for at the minute, especially with the departure of Sarita & Rosita. Bring Back Kong!!!

The World Cup of Wrestling is especially grabbing my attention.

Lets just not mention ECW reunion part 3554.

I'll be honest, I quite like all the One Night Only PPV's they have announced. The knockout show might be pushing it, but to have a whole PPV dedicated to them would mean they would need more talent, which they are in desperate need for at the minute, especially with the departure of Sarita & Rosita. Bring Back Kong!!!

They would need more talent but for "one night only" so I'd expect a lot of former TNA stars to show up for a one-shot appearance on these PPV specials as well some new indy/international people to get opportunities to perform on PPV. And if some of these people impress enough perhaps they might get signed full-time.

The International Incident PPV in particular has caught my attention the most. Surely the wrestler from Ireland would be Prince Devitt, right? Hopefully Barood is the Indian representative. My wrestling fandom would not be complete until I see Barood win a match!

Also, Slash & Brian Lee (w/ James Mitchell) for that old school TNA show, please. Just so that I can hear their theme song once again.

Edited by pgi86

Hopefully Barood is the Indian representative. My wrestling fandom would not be complete until I see Barood win a match!

I wouldn't hold your breath, more likely to be Shiek Abdul Bashir. We can hope though.

• Paid Members
Hopefully Barood is the Indian representative. My wrestling fandom would not be complete until I see Barood win a match!

I wouldn't hold your breath, more likely to be Shiek Abdul Bashir. We can hope though.

It'll be Sonjay Dutt.

I have to say, this is all rocking my cock really. I've been hoping for the return of the X-Div World Cup for ages, as it was quite a spectacle back in the day and part of what made TNA different from WWE. They've actually gone further and expanded the whole idea to tag and heavyweights too!

All these ideas seem great, and allow TNA to feel a lot more international and diverse, whilst they fulfil their international TV obligations on PPV provisions. If some of them do well, I can see some of these sticking around on their schedule for subsequent years.

The one problem I can see is heel/face turns - if someone has turned between the filming and the broadcast, that could create issues.

The 4 main PPVs will now get proper builds, and TNA can stop worrying about giving PPV main events away on TV, and make Impact a properly important show.

Good plan all round I reckon.

EDIT: Mods, I reckon this should be split off into its own thread, it's a fairly major talking point...

Edited by Loki

WWE WORKHORSE INJURED, OUT FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR

by Mike Johnson @ 5:40 PM on 1/10/2013

WWE star Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson), who was dubbed a "workhorse" by CM Punk on his promo this past Monday, will be out of action 10-12 months.

We're still working on details of exactly when this happened but Kidd suffered a fractured knee and a torn ACL over the holiday house show loop. I am told he actually worked on the injury after he suffered it and worked the next night of the tour as well, so he's one tough, insane SOB.

Kidd's team with Justin Gabriel had regularly been one of the best parts of WWE's secondary TV programming like Superstars, so this is a real blow to those shows.

That's a shame. Sounds bloody painful too

Bugger. Poor bloke. Right up there with my favourite lower card guys, such a talent in the ring. Bet Justin Gabriel is getting nervous he may get the chop in the post-Mania spring clean now. Without Kidd to tag with he'll just be floating around not doing much on NXT and Main Event.

And I'm liking the TNA PPV news. Some of those specials look pretty good, and I've always thought that in the current climate a month is sometimes not long enough to build a full PPV card. It will be good to have cards full of matches that have been built for a couple of months at least. May be even enough to get me back into TNA.