Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Never having good matches killed him in the long term. He's pretty bad.

Is he much worse than the average midcarder though? I never thought his ring work was a problem to be honest. Look, charisma and promo skills are more valuable assets and he has those. For some reason I always wanted him to succeed, but if he is a bit of a cock in real life I don't blame TNA for getting rid.

I wasn't actually aware that The BigShow was Champion. Rather surprising that in 2013 he's carrying the secondary title.

This WHC reign been his best run in WWE.

No joke.

So, TNA are changing the way they do Gut Check. From tomorrow onwards it will no longer be indy guy vs. TNA guy but rather two indy guys wrestling each other and then both being evaluated by the judges the next week.

Rumor has it tomorrow's match will be:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Brian Cage vs. Jay Bradley

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
So, TNA are changing the way they do Gut Check. From tomorrow onwards it will no longer be indy guy vs. TNA guy but rather two indy guys wrestling each other and then both being evaluated by the judges the next week.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Isnt one of those in the Aces and 8s? He's been around for a while.

If they are going to do it I would much rather they stick to the formula they already have of picking one good worker who isn't doing anything and putting them in there to work with the often green guys. Doug Williams was perfect for the role. Infact fuck it, do gut check every week with Williams. After the match give him the mic and let him decide on the spot if he thinks they are good enough to be there. While they are at it put the Television Title on him and make each gut check a title match, meaning if they win Williams doesn't get a choice about if they stay

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Isnt one of those in the Aces and 8s? He's been around for a while.

He's been rumored to eventually be part of Aces & Eights but has been under the hood only once (for the first attack on Sting). He was used that first night because he was there for a tryout anyway.

I guess the thinking behind it would be the one indy guy doesn't have to lose. Only seen a couple that I remember Doug and Robbie E who both won. At least they can say you've impressed and won the match we'll give you a contract. Rather than you lost but we 're impressed here's a contract. Has a gut check guy ever beaten a TNA guy?

• Paid Members
You've instantly come up with something better than TNA already has, plus rectifying the issue of "regular TV title matches" (they should do it every week to keep up that promise) also.

Giving non-contracted wrestlers TV title matches would be better how? They might as well chuck the belt in the bin if the only credible challengers are people who nobody else will hire.

You've instantly come up with something better than TNA already has, plus rectifying the issue of "regular TV title matches" (they should do it every week to keep up that promise) also.

Giving non-contracted wrestlers TV title matches would be better how? They might as well chuck the belt in the bin if the only credible challengers are people who nobody else will hire.

That title has always been a joke, they might as well through it into a situation where someone actually benefits from it. For the record I feel it should have been dumped years ago, but if they are intent on keeping it around they should actually use it

I guess the thinking behind it would be the one indy guy doesn't have to lose. Only seen a couple that I remember Doug and Robbie E who both won. At least they can say you've impressed and won the match we'll give you a contract. Rather than you lost but we 're impressed here's a contract. Has a gut check guy ever beaten a TNA guy?

Wes Brisco beat Garett Bischoff in his Gut Check, but considering that they're both likely to be revealed as members of Aces & Eights his win will probably end up being a storyline (i.e. Garett let him win so that he can win the contact).