Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
You've instantly come up with something better than TNA already has, plus rectifying the issue of "regular TV title matches" (they should do it every week to keep up that promise) also.

Giving non-contracted wrestlers TV title matches would be better how? They might as well chuck the belt in the bin if the only credible challengers are people who nobody else will hire.

That title has always been a joke, they might as well through it into a situation where someone actually benefits from it. For the record I feel it should have been dumped years ago, but if they are intent on keeping it around they should actually use it

It just sends out the wrong message if you are going to have an established wrestler defending his belt against someone who doesn't have a job. Dumping the TV title and having a Gut Check title wouldn't be the worst idea I suppose. Like how WWE has an NXT title. It would give these matches more meaning and like the NXT roster, if you never see them for weeks on end again, you could defend the belt at OVW tapings and show footage of how they are getting on during the GC segments each month.

What can you even do with this Gut Check lot though? TNA basically has to make do with the bare bones now. Anyone in wrestling who is rated highly is off to WWE. El Generico was going to do the special 3 hour X Division show TNA is doing but WWE snapped him up so thats not happening. They wanted PAC but he went to WWE instead. I couldn't imagine someone like Prince Devitt leaving Japan for anyone other than WWE. Christian York, Joey Ryan, Wes Brisco and Rob Van Dam are as good as the X Division is getting by the looks of it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

You've instantly come up with something better than TNA already has, plus rectifying the issue of "regular TV title matches" (they should do it every week to keep up that promise) also.

Giving non-contracted wrestlers TV title matches would be better how? They might as well chuck the belt in the bin if the only credible challengers are people who nobody else will hire.

That title has always been a joke, they might as well through it into a situation where someone actually benefits from it. For the record I feel it should have been dumped years ago, but if they are intent on keeping it around they should actually use it

It just sends out the wrong message if you are going to have an established wrestler defending his belt against someone who doesn't have a job. Dumping the TV title and having a Gut Check title wouldn't be the worst idea I suppose. Like how WWE has an NXT title. It would give these matches more meaning and like the NXT roster, if you never see them for weeks on end again, you could defend the belt at OVW tapings and show footage of how they are getting on during the GC segments each month.

What can you even do with this Gut Check lot though? TNA basically has to make do with the bare bones now. Anyone in wrestling who is rated highly is off to WWE. El Generico was going to do the special 3 hour X Division show TNA is doing but WWE snapped him up so thats not happening. They wanted PAC but he went to WWE instead. I couldn't imagine someone like Prince Devitt leaving Japan for anyone other than WWE. Christian York, Joey Ryan, Wes Brisco and Rob Van Dam are as good as the X Division is getting by the looks of it.

Think you are being quite nit picky with the idea of abandoning the Television Title and having a new pointless Title in its place, especially when the belt they already have could do its job just fine. The belt is already at a low level, having it successfully defended against outside talent wouldn't harm it at all. Most weeks the gut check could be more like a squash match, literally no name jobber boys just getting battered by a solid technical wrestler. It would only have to be occasionally that someone actually put up a decent fight and gives us a nice ten minute match.

• Paid Members

The belt is held by Devon Dudley and was previously held by Samoa Joe. They aren't nobodies. If you are a regular viewer you'll have seen one of them use a hammer on the other because he was desperate to get the title back. Just for consistency you shouldn't be having people who dont have a contract wrestling for established titles. It devalues the belt and the wrestler who holds the title. Gut Check is supposed to evaluate non-contracted talent to see if they are worthy of getting a spot on the roster. Magnus failed the win the TV title countless times, so Flip Kendrick getting a title shot when he doesn't even work there makes no sense. Wrestling is all about perception. You have to pretend the titles mean something even if they dont.

• Paid Members

My point was at least on two occasions we been promised weekly TV title matches, and it did happen for about two weeks each time, (first time it happened when AJ renamed it the TV title, and it happend again more recently when Hogan introduced the new TNA monthly schedule).

As such maxwell's idea could resolve that issue as well, thus should a "non contracted" ;) wrestler win it, they would have to stay on and defend the title, it'd be interesting at least.

• Paid Members
My point was at least on two occasions we been promised weekly TV title matches, and it did happen for about two weeks each time, (first time it happened when AJ renamed it the TV title, and it happend again more recently when Hogan introduced the new TNA monthly schedule).

As such maxwell's idea could resolve that issue as well, thus should a "non contracted" ;) wrestler win it, they would have to stay on and defend the title, it'd be interesting at least.

They explained why they dropped the weekly TV title thing. When the Bound For Glory Series started, Devon took a step back to allow those matches to appear on TV and then Devon disappeared and then Joe won it. Nobody remembers any of that shite anyway. Its not important in the grand scheme of things. Most of the Gut Check workers aren't ready for TV let alone title matches Alex Silva, Sam Shaw and Wes Brisco shouldn't be wrestling on the main roster. The TV title is usually the title where they put it about 3rd on the PPV to calm the crowd and to put on a nice simple match to pace the card out. People like Samoa Joe, Eric Young, Robbie E, Samoa Joe, Doug Williams and Devon. Good workers who know how to get good matches out of people. There are loads of wrestlers you could give the title to ahead of the caliber of workers they get for Gut Check.

The TV title is worth more now than probably at any time in its varied history. Devon held it, and then he was let go which HOgan publicly questioned, and then returned and immediately went after it, and its current holder is Joe, and before that I think it was Magnus. So it's a good, solid 2nd tier title.

• Paid Members
TNA doesn't know how to book any title outside its main one.

TNA Knockout tag champs, one who isn't a knockout or a decent wrestler, haven't defended the belts for what seems forever.

Either defend them or bin them but please keep Eric Young off my TV.

I believe that's called "fucking off the titles". Like when Hornswoggle got the cruiserweight title before they dumped that. You can't think they are even attempting to take those titles as a serious set of belts. Hogan even told them to get out the room a few months back when they had all the champions in his office.