Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Yeah, I don't really understand the seven other PPVs. Admittedly they'll be cheaper because they're taped, and one of them being focused on the X-Division suggests they'll be cheap as shit in terms of roster and things, but I can't really see the point of them. Are they really going to make any money out of them? Are they contractually obliged to offer that many PPV's or something?

So they still have eleven PPVs a year, but only the big four will air live. Can imagine that the buyrates for those will improve somewhat, but nobody's going to buy a 'One Night Only' PPV Special prerecorded in the Impact Zone.

I imagine the other PPV's are only there to meet contractual obligations with the PPV companies and to cover overseas TV deals. They wouldn't be taping them months in advance if they were anything other than an afterthought at this point. It's a good move in theory, though it will be really interesting to see how they handle not building to a PPV each month. Though having said that a lot of TNA PPV's do seem like an inconvenience at times in terms of the angles that are playing out. It's pretty common to have a story playing out and all of a sudden have them shoehorn something in just to meet the PPV schedule.

Edited by CTXRussomark

I figure with the X-Division one they'll bring back the old "anybody can compete for it schtik" and it'll just be a bunch of random one off appearances anyway. Which if they stayed away from whoever's popular on the indy scene right now and went for cruiserweights from the glorious days of Worldwide or something could be quite fun. I wanna see a version of 3 Count and Jung Dragons going at it.

Actually, can one of these shows be a reunion of WCW acts that haven't gone to the WWE?

• Paid Members
Jerry Lynn vs Rob Van Dam? Ugh! That match has been done more times than Dolph vs Kofi

I can forgive them, considering it's part of his retirement tour. Will be a bit of a big deal that match, given their history together and the fact that it will be their last encounter. Well, big to some fans at least.

The new TNA PPV pricing:

The newly announced TNA One Night Only PPVs will be priced at $14.95.

TNA Genesis and TNA Lockdown will still be priced at $34.95.

TNA Slammiversary and all live PPVs that follow will now be priced at $39.95.

TNA Bound for Glory will be the exception to that rule, since it always had a higher price point, and will now be priced at $44.95.

The TNA Unfinished Business PPV pricing will remain at $4.99

Edited by pgi86

^ I'd like to see a Jack Evans appearance on a "TNA vs. AAA" One Night Only PPV special. Just saying...

So, with them doing a BattleBowl PPV and an X Division PPV, what other types of PPV specials you reckon are on the horizon? ECW Reunion part 364184563? Knockouts PPV? World X Cup? Ring Ka King invades the Impact Zone PPV? TNA at Sturgis? Seriously? What else can they do but the ones they're already doing this Saturday?

Edited by pgi86