Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Triple H, HBK, X-Pac, Billy Gunn and Kevin Nash humiliate Damien Sandow at the NXT taping

http://www.wwe.com/videos/dx-and-kevin-nas...ersity-26083612

This is the best thing the WWE have done in years. They should just have a show which is these lads pissing about with a crowd and trading jibes with heels.

It kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that the cliq is still running the wrestling world.

Triple H, HBK, X-Pac, Billy Gunn and Kevin Nash humiliate Damien Sandow at the NXT taping

http://www.wwe.com/videos/dx-and-kevin-nas...ersity-26083612

This is the best thing the WWE have done in years. They should just have a show which is these lads pissing about with a crowd and trading jibes with heels.

It kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that the cliq is still running the wrestling world.

It makes me hopeful for the future of WWE, that all those wrestling minds are down at NXT helping the next generation. HHH is clearly putting his guys in place for when Vince retires. In 5 years the WWE will be run and booked by these lads. Learn to love it, baby.

• Paid Members

They look like fucking idiots. Crimson looks like he bought his outfit from the toy section of a chemist.

JBL has an apology to make.

Anytime you do a ton of tv every week you are bound to make mistakes. I made one this past week on Smackdown and tried to correct it on air but wasn't able to get it done sufficiently, so I want to apologize to my good friends the Dudleys openly-and to all you twitter police so you can get out of Momma's basement and enjoy the weekend.

I was trying to make the point that a lot of tag teams never make it, or try to make it, as singles wrestlers and listed the Killer Bees, LOD and Dudley's (and I think Hart Foundation). Sometimes on air you try to go somewhere entertaining and you get caught and try to correct it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I realized as soon as I said it that both the Dudley's and Hart Foundation had become huge singles stars-I was thinking about my time in WWE where Dudley's had been mainly just a tag team-and one of greatest of all time in what I think was greatest era of tag teams in history when you had Edge/Christian, NAO, DX, Dudley's, APA, LOD, Hardy's and more all at the same time.

Bubba and Devon have been good friends for a long time and I have the utmost respect and love for them, if I had made the mistake on someone else-I would just chalk it up to live TV and not worry about it. But, these guys are good friends and with the Twitter police loving to correct me I thought I would just make it public and explain how it happened.

What I hate more than anything is this becoming an issue and taking away from great work in the ring, as my job is to do my best to tell stories about talent in an attempt to help them get over.

Believe me, it won't be the last time I make a mistake, I fire stuff out rapidly sometimes with references I don't plan on making as a way to try and be entertaining and react to the events in front of me.

However, the Dudley's first day with the APA Bubba hit me so hard with a 2x4 that I owed him a receipt anyway!!!

Giving away a WWE 13 game today at www.LayfieldReport.com all you have to do is sign up for newsletter to enter contest. Also, download the FREE LayfieldReport app! You can also enter contest on the App by signing up for e-news there.

They look like fucking idiots. Crimson looks like he bought his outfit from the toy section of a chemist.

Just to clarify. They're doing a heel gimmick where they're in charge of a spoof military group which is fighting to right the wrongs perpetrated by "terrorists" such as Dixie Carter, Al Snow, Danny Davis, etc. They talk about wanting to put these people in Guantanamo Bay. They claim Alex Silva is a French-Canadian spy sent to the States to collect intel on them. Crimson says he's fought in World War 2. Etc. So yeah, of course they look like idiots. That's kinda the point of the gimmick. Annoying over-the-top milatary guys who are completely delusional.

Edited by pgi86

They sent Crimson down to developmental to try and iron out the flaws in his work. Having this big guy with charisma act like a muppet doesn't sound like there is much point in that to me. TNA has enough comedy acts.

He had some charisma, but he was sorely lacking a personality. If this improves his character work ahead of a return to TNA then I'd say it's a great idea.

Actually, TNA didn't send him to OVW. They had no plans for him on TV so instead of just sitting at home and doing nothing he offered to go to OVW but that's neither here, nor there. My point is that this is good for him. One of his biggest issues before was lack of character. He was just a bland big guy. This new gimmick provides him with the opportunity to learn how to have an actual character and develop that character as opposed to being just a guy. That's valuable experience right there.

EDIT - Midas, beat me to it.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

He's been on national TV for 18 months. What more experience does he need? Fucking about in developmental doing a comedy gimmick isn't what a bloke of his size with his look should be doing at all. Seems like a proper stop gap gimmick for a wrestling they have no interest in ever using. Like the rest of the OVW Express they never use. If Matt Morgan is on TV doing his rotten act, Crimson should be shitting himself.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The biggest laugh from that "script" is a 10 minute Divas match. When was the last time the ladies got that much time?

"These times include ring entrances, the match and then the post-match happenings." :p

Even so, still seems excessive, even if both women had Taker-style entrances. :p

Maybe they're just taking into account the supposed rise in viewership the Divas segment got this past week.......

Last Monday

He's been on national TV for 18 months. What more experience does he need? Fucking about in developmental doing a comedy gimmick isn't what a bloke of his size with his look should be doing at all.

I disagree. He was pushed onto TV before he was ready for it, and suffered because of it. Letting him get some seasoning off the radar allows him to return later a more rounded character. Just being "a bloke of his size" isn't enough, otherwise Matt Morgan would be a multiple time WWE champion by now.