Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

To be fair, you could use any 3 midcarders to fill the vacant spots on Raw's Chamber, and the star power of Rock, Cena and Punk would make the match awesome- actually, what about the Shield?

Raw's Chamber: Ambrose vs. Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Rock vs. Cena vs. Punk. I don't know about you guys, but to me that seems feasible and fantastic.

Same principle for Smackdown:

Ziggler vs. Cesaro vs. Truth vs. Sheamus vs. Ryback vs. Show. Not quite as appealing, but still has potential. Truth always gets that random Chamber spot too.

I saw it as half Raw, half Smackdown. Like Rock, Cena and Punk make 3 of the 6 in the Raw Chamber match, Sheamus, Show and Ryback, who moves to Smackdown after winning the Rumble, make up half the SD Chamber.

Raw and Smackdown don't have separate rosters. And why would Ryback be in an elimination chamber match if he won the Rumble?

As stupid as it might be to put Rock and Cena in there a month before Mania, I'd fucking love to see that match.

Any news on Cena vs. Rock at Mania then? Considering the newsies are saying the only match set in stone is Triple H vs. Lesnar and all.

I saw it as half Raw, half Smackdown. Like Rock, Cena and Punk make 3 of the 6 in the Raw Chamber match, Sheamus, Show and Ryback, who moves to Smackdown after winning the Rumble, make up half the SD Chamber.

Raw and Smackdown don't have separate rosters. And why would Ryback be in an elimination chamber match if he won the Rumble?

The brand split is really watered down now, but it's still there, otherwise what would be the point in two world titles?

As for Ryback, I see it being a mixture of stupid and gung ho that he would take his Wrestlemania title shot at the Chamber. They've pulled the card of the Rumble winner wanting the title shot at the February PPV before, and they could spin it that Ryback is dying to get his hands on Show ASAP, no matter the circumstance. I see Ryback losing in screwy fashion, without really getting to Show, to set up a one on one at Wrestlemania.

It seems a bit convoluted, I admit, but the half and half thing does make sense, and I'm just trying to offer some rationale for Ryback's placement. Despite the watering down, WWE still had separate MITBs and made sure to keep that distinction alive. If there was no separation, Cena and Punk would always be on Smackdown. It's just the stupid Raw Supershow concept that mingles the rosters to help fill 3 hours.

Can't imagine they'd have Ziggler away from Cena, even if he does have the WHC contract.

Surely by EC, they've either ended the Ziggler/Cena feud or had Dolph cash in. Both have gone for too long now IMO.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

• Paid Members
To be fair, you could use any 3 midcarders to fill the vacant spots on Raw's Chamber, and the star power of Rock, Cena and Punk would make the match awesome- actually, what about the Shield?

Raw's Chamber: Ambrose vs. Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Rock vs. Cena vs. Punk. I don't know about you guys, but to me that seems feasible and fantastic.

Doubt that they'd have the members of The Shield imploding and fighting each other right now, seems way too soon since they debuted to do that. Besides, part of their gimmick that they aren't after the title (or an titles); they just want to enforce justice. Its a possibility for the future though.

As stupid as it might be to put Rock and Cena in there a month before Mania, I'd fucking love to see that match.

Any news on Cena vs. Rock at Mania then? Considering the newsies are saying the only match set in stone is Triple H vs. Lesnar and all.

The only other match I could see for Rock would be vs Lesnar, or maybe Undertaker. And Undertaker's made of dust these days and Rock's trying to eradicate wrestling's drug problem by having all the world's steroids himself, so the chances of getting through a match without one of them breaking or dying are quite slim.

Beyond that, it's got to be either a rematch with Cena or a triple threat with Cena and Punk.

Doubt that they'd have the members of The Shield imploding and fighting each other right now, seems way too soon since they debuted to do that. Besides, part of their gimmick that they aren't after the title (or an titles); they just want to enforce justice. Its a possibility for the future though.

Oh, I'd have them working together, with maybe just teased dissension in the build-up. Kind of like how Legacy operated in the 2009 Rumble. Obviously that was for the greater cause of Orton, but here the Shield's greater cause could be to prevent injustices by holding power in the WWE, that being the WWE Championship.

The brand split is really watered down now, but it's still there

No it's not. Assuming you haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in a year or so, go back and look at some of the results. Cena and Punk very rarely appear on Smackdown, but everyone else is fair game for both shows. The brand split exists solely in terms of touring rosters, and even then everyone outside the top couple of names works on both interchangeably. In terms of WWE TV, Ryback "moving to Smackdown" would be utterly meaningless. Big Show is on Raw every week.

It seems a bit convoluted, I admit, but the half and half thing does make sense

Not as much sense as "here are six of our big names."

Despite the watering down, WWE still had separate MITBs and made sure to keep that distinction alive.

What, you mean by specifically NOT calling them the Raw and SmackDown MitB matches this year and instead calling them by the titles the contracts are for? Or by having "Raw" wrestlers Dolph Ziggler, Santino Marella and Tensai in the "Smackdown" MitB? Ziggler even WON the thing. Last week's Smackdown opening match was Brodus Clay vs Primo - two "Raw" wrestlers. Miz vs Ziggler was also on it, both Raw wrestlers. Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, both Raw brand, both wrestled on Smackdown last week. Ryback "moving to Smackdown" would just be laughed at. He debuted on Smackdown anyway and there hasn't been a draft since then. Because there's no brand split on TV.

If that's really true nowadays, then please God let them merge the titles and be done with it. The brand split, whilst lucrative, has been godawful for the product.