Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

They're doing as well as two gaijin can, really, without being of monster size like Lesnar or Albert. They took the tag belts from TenKoji, then beat them again, which is as big as a rub as a tag team can get (still) and they're defending the tag belts on the Dome show against Karl Anderson (on the roll of his career) and Hirooki Goto, who beat them in the Tag League final. They're absolutely fine. They shouldn't cough up the belts here, I don't think, as Anderson has plenty of value in big singles matches ahead of him. But yeah, son of Bulldog and Archer are in a good spot. Matches have been ok, from what I've seen, but some of the booking of Archer over the years means I'm always going to dislike him. The tag team position is fine for him, but some of the men he's beaten in singles, he really hasn't deserved to.

• Paid Members

He hasn't, though. He's always been a really good wrestler. WWE fired him because they didn't find him marketable or remotely interesting. Also, he feels a lot of the road agents hate him because he Dad was a cunt to them back in the day. If he went back to WWF he'd still be the same bloke that left. He just gets more of an opportunity to showcase his ability in a promotion like New Japan.

• Paid Members
He hasn't, though. He's always been a really good wrestler. WWE fired him because they didn't find him marketable or remotely interesting. Also, he feels a lot of the road agents hate him because he Dad was a cunt to them back in the day. If he went back to WWF he'd still be the same bloke that left. He just gets more of an opportunity to showcase his ability in a promotion like New Japan.

It might just be me personally then, as when he first came in as Harry Smith to WWE, I thought he was shite. Like his actual wrestling seemed ok, I didn't like him very much and he seemed very awkward in the ring.

When re returned as David Hart-Smith, he seemed a bit better if not still a bit awkward. Then again maybe it was because he was in with Tyson Kidd, who seemed to gel better IMPO.

From what I'm hearing, he's doing alot better, and his New Japan stuff is very good. Again , I'm probably just picking up on stuff that isn't there, but he seems to be "at ease" now in the ring, and it helps him a lot, in my eyes at least. As for the Agents stuff, that just sucks for him really, as the Bulldogs did like their pranks.

• Moderators
From what I'm hearing, he's doing alot better, and his New Japan stuff is very good.

Like Tensai was good, and like people are probably lying and saying Lance Cade is good over there now as well. Ignore the "He's doing dead good in Japan" because it normally comes from the weirdos who decide that any wrestling in Japan is good because it's in Japan. Basically, take it with a pinch of salt.

• Paid Members

Smith is wrestling as competently as he did in WWE - no more - just in longer matches that have build/importance. Hoyt/Archer is still duller than an omnibus of As Time Goes By.

From what I'm hearing, he's doing alot better, and his New Japan stuff is very good.

Like Tensai was good, and like people are probably lying and saying Lance Cade is good over there now as well. Ignore the "He's doing dead good in Japan" because it normally comes from the weirdos who decide that any wrestling in Japan is good because it's in Japan. Basically, take it with a pinch of salt.

cheat-wm9.jpg

TNA shows in Germany are at risk of being taken off television after the deal between the company and Sky Deutschland is about to expire with no renewal agreement reached yet. The German Facebook for TNA announced that the current deal ends on January 1 and there has been no news yet if Sky will be picking up the rights. If no deal is announced either with Sky or else another broadcaster in the country, TNA will go dark in Germany with no Impact or pay-per-views airing in the region. Sky Deutschland airs both TNA and WWE programming.

Posted on Gerweck.net

Aye, been told he's doing superbly over there.

Aye, been told he's doing superbly over there.

yeah a lot to do with his new Poltergeists gimmick