Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Not that this will surprise anyone here, but the official poster for Wrestlemania 29 has been released, featuring The Rock, John Cena and Brock Lesnar. You'd think they'd wait until Lesnar re-appeared on TV to release the poster, or else not have him on it. In WWE storylines, he's quit the company, the casual fan will be pretty confused seeing him on a Wrestlemania poster.

:/

Anyone else having a problem with the other spoiler tags? Whenever I try and use them, my post comes up blank.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

So I guess it wasn't a spoiler. Last night Brooklyn Brawler tweeted that he had heard Colt Cabana was in the building. (I take it he means at RAW). Cliff Compton has been tweeting of a major announcement on AOW this week.(My guess is him taking over hosting). Did that anonymous promoter speak the truth or is this all just a coincidence.

I think it's about time this
be given a second crack.

He was penciled in for a fued with Cena for early 2008. Make it happen in 2013.

Tensai was penciled in for a feud with Cena too, doesn't mean he's any good either.

Carlito is looking great these days. I was never a huge fan of his but if he's stepped up his game I say give him another shot. If he manages to stay motivated he might be a good hand. Other than that, Billy Gunn has to be just a phone call away with Road Dogg working as an agent and all.

• Paid Members
So I guess it wasn't a spoiler. Last night Brooklyn Brawler tweeted that he had heard Colt Cabana was in the building. (I take it he means at RAW). Cliff Compton has been tweeting of a major announcement on AOW this week.(My guess is him taking over hosting). Did that anonymous promoter speak the truth or is this all just a coincidence.

According to the Figure 4 Daily update yesterday it said the "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" as regards to WWE's web department and the talent relations and creative people. Another example of this being that WWE.com put up a MITB contract which says Dolph can cash his title shot in against any champion from any brand, even though thats not the case. The internet bellends like Joey Styles, CM Punk and the Brawler are doing their own angle on the internet to work people. You would think they had better things to do, but obviously not. Maybe that indy promoter was one of the people that got worked. He hasn't been signed. I imagine if they were going to sign him it wouldnt be when his finger is hanging off and he cant wrestle.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

WWE.com have been working people for ages and have no bearing on the current product. Weren't they giving Attitude smarks heart attacks by doing "BRING BACK THE HARDCORE TITLE" articles a couple of months ago, despite the fact there was never any intention of bringing it back?

Edited by Forrest

• Paid Members

I liked Billy Gunn in the New Age Outlaws but he was a fucking shit singles wrestler and really needed Road Dogg to carry him. I don't think he ever had a singles matches better than average, I don't see what use he would have as a road agent.

Billy Gunn during Autumn/Winter 2000 may have been the least likeable babyface ever, I remember jumping off the couch cheering when Benoit beat him for the IC title

Yeah likewise. If I remember correctly there was a fair old cheer when he lost from the live crowd too. Billy half balls'd-up a tilt-a-whirl slam during that match and nearly dropped Benoit on his head. Looking back fondly at Billy Gunn matches that don't also involve the Road Dogg seems to be a case of rose-tinted-glasses syndrome to me. He looked the part and was coming off an awesome run of popularity in DX but he was just never good enough on his own, despite them pushing him many times. He was excellent in tag matches, but never alone.

• Paid Members

Billy was totally a tag team wrestler, but a great one. Post Chuck & Billy, he and Hardcore should formed a permanent tag team and embarked on years of working with every other tag team passing through WWE. Bob was another great tag team wrestler, and BillyBob should definitely have reached a level of success on a par with the Smoking Gunns, if not quite charismatic enough to emulate the Outlaws.

Well there we go then:

Wrestlezone can confirm that former WWE Superstar Kip Sopp, better known as Billy Gunn in WWE and Kip James in TNA Wrestling, has signed a new contract with the company, and is now working full-time as a trainer for their developmental territory, NXT.

Kip began talking with WWE officials after WrestleMania 28, and was signed on part-time with NXT shortly after Raw 1,000 this past July. His real-life best friend Brian "Road Dogg" James is currently working as an agent with WWE.