Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

He was going to get a big push according to Billy until he went 1 on 1 with HHH on Smackdown and Hunter give bad word about the match or something.

Think this was in 1999.

You know what both Outlaws were like about HHH after their run ended though so could be sour grapes.

Well there we go then:

Wrestlezone can confirm that former WWE Superstar Kip Sopp, better known as Billy Gunn in WWE and Kip James in TNA Wrestling, has signed a new contract with the company, and is now working full-time as a trainer for their developmental territory, NXT.

Kip began talking with WWE officials after WrestleMania 28, and was signed on part-time with NXT shortly after Raw 1,000 this past July. His real-life best friend Brian "Road Dogg" James is currently working as an agent with WWE.

Billy was never the best 'work rate' worker but he knew how to do the 'little things' very well to garner a reaction, especially when he was part of The New Age Outlaws when his natural cockiness and ass-holishness was amped up to the max. WWE could do worse than hire him to help new guys with working the crowds etc.

• Paid Members

I'm genuinely pleased. Good for him. He's paid his dues all over again on these indy shows for the last couple of years. Im glad both him and BG James have sorted themselves out and got their rewards for it. This can only mean we will get a New Age Outlaws nostalgia match down the line.

Its starting to happen. Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Kevin Nash, X-Pac, Perry Saturn. All of Triple H's boys are there in some form or fashion. I wonder if Vince is on his last legs?

I'm genuinely pleased. Good for him. He's paid his dues all over again on these indy shows for the last couple of years. Im glad both him and BG James have sorted themselves out and got their rewards for it. This can only mean we will get a New Age Outlaws nostalgia match down the line.

Its starting to happen. Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Kevin Nash, X-Pac, Perry Saturn. All of Triple H's boys are there in some form or fashion. I wonder if Vince is on his last legs?

What's Saturn's role?

• Paid Members

He's still a decent worker as well, which is pretty unbelievable. And for a bloke with a tattooed face who lived on the streets addicted to meth for half a decade, he doesn't look that bad.

249482_10151255354095955_1963280054_n.jpg

Saturn is the one on the left, for those thinking Meth really did a job on him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

It was. He doesn't look bad at all for someone who's been on drugs for most of his life. His mate Raven on the other hand always looks like a rough sleeper.

Good on Gunn though. Nice to see he's got his shit sorted out. I know he's been after that training role down in Florida for a while now.

• Paid Members
Was at least a year ago he resurfaced, Wasn't it more to do with being addicted to meth and living on the streets than avoiding child support.

Unsure, I swear I'd heard he had always been working in a door factory or something, but kept his head low to avoid child support, but then again that may of been before any potential homelessness/meth problems.

He does still look half decent though. If he could whip himself back into shape (looks wise), he'd make a decent bad-ass looking heel for the, WWE mid card at least.

Well there we go then:

Wrestlezone can confirm that former WWE Superstar Kip Sopp, better known as Billy Gunn in WWE and Kip James in TNA Wrestling, has signed a new contract with the company, and is now working full-time as a trainer for their developmental territory, NXT.

Kip began talking with WWE officials after WrestleMania 28, and was signed on part-time with NXT shortly after Raw 1,000 this past July. His real-life best friend Brian "Road Dogg" James is currently working as an agent with WWE.

I fucking called it.

Whilst he was never the best as a singles guy, if you took 2000 Gunn and slotted him into the current roster, he'd probably stand out a lot more. He was facing competition from the greatest roster ever assembled at the time he embarked on his singles career post-NAO. Tough gig.

Trainer is a good position for him, though what with him loving the roids he's going to have to come across a bit two-faced telling the rookies to train hard and bulk up. Now they're both on the payroll though, the possibility of the odd NAO outing has increased dramatically.