Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
On 1/11/2020 at 7:42 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apparently Pampero Firpo was the inspiration for Randy Savage's 'Macho Man' act - the frizzy hair, the gravely voice etc.

The "OH YEAH~!" catchphrase is a direct rip from Firpo, and probably the voice and delivery too - in later life Randy Savage was quite regretful of that, and of using Gorgeous George's old entrance theme, as he felt he had taken too much credit/praise for them, and not allowed the originators to receive the plaudits he felt they deserved.

Their gimmicks were quite different, though - Firpo was a fairly straightforward "ethnic wildman" mid-century heel, it was only the promo style that Savage pinched.

• Paid Members

This is so minor it shouldn't even belong here, but I'm just putting this here because the two images used tickle me. Good ol' Flatliner.

They said he's 42 though, I thought he was still only 24?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/gosport-wrestler-finds-knife-hidden-rowner-alleyway-police-wont-take-it-analysis-1372536

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

This is so minor it shouldn't even belong here, but I'm just putting this here because the two images used tickle me. Good ol' Flatliner.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/gosport-wrestler-finds-knife-hidden-rowner-alleyway-police-wont-take-it-analysis-1372536

Ha. I went to a mates funeral in Portsmouth back in October and he was there. I remember asking someone at the wake who the Hogan wannabe was. I was told he was “some wrestler”. And then remembered my mate telling me he was mates with “some wrestler” a few years back. Literally never heard of him. 

Was he ever a big name in British wrestling or has he always just been some wrestler?

3 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Was he ever a big name in British wrestling or has he always just been some wrestler?

I would describe him as "An ASW style comedy wrestler with limited ability, that looks OK on posters ".

I challenge anyone to come up with a more diplomatic description.

14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

That photo of him looking at the knife on his table, as though he's confused not only as to why the police won't take it, but what he's supposed to do with it is local newspaper comedy gold.

• Paid Members

Justice Pain has died. Known for his stint in CZW, being buried by CM Punk in a shoot interview, being the brother of Nick Gage and not much else really. 

An obituary worthy of Lance Storm, that. RIP.

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chris-wilson-aka-justice-pain-passed-away-age-41?amp&__twitter_impression=true

41 he was. Sad news, i was all over that early 00's CZW-era and Justice Pain was a massive part of that. Only ever thing i see about him these days though is when the clip of Necro Butcher punching fuck out of him during Cage of Death gets shared about from time to time.

I used to get tapes of czw back in the day justice pain he was one of my favourites and I got to see him wrestle live and in person and the first time I seen cm punk was there match..I allways thought he could have done more even a mini run in tna in 02-04 would have been nice ..rip justice