Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Dart said:

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/espaƱol/20191228-comunicado-cinta-de-oro-nuevo-director-de-desarrollo-internacional/#

Ā 

Sin Cara has been appointed Director of International Development for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Bit of an unusual piece of news.

Do they celebrateĀ el Dia de los Santos Inocentes (Spanish equivalent of April Fools) in Mexico? Because that definitely sounds like a rib.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So I see Rory Gulak, brother of Drew has had some pretty serious allegations made about him on Twitter, in terms of sexual misconduct.

Chikara have sacked him, and ICW among others have cancelled his bookings which makes it seem like there is something to this.Ā 

Little bit here from Post Wrestling (only credible outlet I've seen pick it up as yet) :Ā https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/06/post-news-update-chikara-wrestle-factory-cut-ties-with-rory-gulak/

Allegations seem to vary wildly,Ā some significantly more serious than others. All speculation and allegation for now (hence minor news rather than thread worthy just yet), but this could end up aĀ bigger story. Can't be good news for Drew Gulak either, personally or professionally you would imagine.Ā 

It's being reported that Mercedes Martinez has signed with the WWE.

While they've got way too many women under contract as it is, very happy about this and someone who absolutely deserves it. Ā I did think they may signĀ her after the second Mae Young Classic, as the female Chris Hero, theĀ veteran who goes on the road and works with all the green/new talent on the Florida house shows, but nothing came to it back then.Ā 

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Also seems to be a ā€œquick, sign her before AEW gets her tied down to a dealā€

Is there any reason why WWE or AEWĀ haven'tĀ signed her before? Has she been under contract to other places?

Because if not, it really wasn't that quick..