Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Moderators

A  mexican luchador called Angel O Demonio absolutely fucking BRAINED a Puerto Rican caled El Cuervo with a breeze block as he was annoyed with stiff chair shots apparently. Bit rum.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/21/wrestlers-skull-fractured-in-brick-attack-gone-very-wrong/

The video's a bit strong, warning.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

A  mexican luchador called Angel O Demonio absolutely fucking BRAINED a Puerto Rican caled El Cuervo with a breeze block as he was annoyed with stiff chair shots apparently. Bit rum.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/21/wrestlers-skull-fractured-in-brick-attack-gone-very-wrong/

The video's a bit strong, warning.

Jim Cornette talked about this and the Arquette/Nick Gage deathmatch on his podcast this week, 

Michinoku Pro star Fujita Jr. Hayato is battling cancer. I became a big fan of his when he came over to the UK for 4FW a handful of years ago. His first match here with Zack Sabre Jr. was one of the best matches I had seen live at that point. Hoping he makes a speedy recovery. 

It's a sad indictment that this only deserves to be in the Minor news... thread, but Bray Wyatt made his return at the Starrcade show over the weekend:

0w1of5lgud021.jpg

Look at the state of him.  All this time off tv, has he got into shape, updated his look and generally prepared to be a main eventer again?  No.

• Paid Members

One of the clickbait "news" sites is doing a thing about them booking Brock Vs Seth at Mania with an angle about Roman's Leukaemia?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

One of the clickbait "news" sites is doing a thing about them booking Brock Vs Seth at Mania with an angle about Roman's Leukaemia?

This has been half-inched from the Observer. It makes perfect sense, Seth is the obvious choice for top babyface without Roman around since they've Reignsed around too much with Strowman for him to be viable.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Seth and Brock is the natural direction. It’s going to be such a shame when it’s all about Roman’s diagnosis though. It’s Rey Mysterio at Mania 22 all over again.

They fucked Rey triple hard, with superfluous clumsily interlaced storylines between three wrestlers instead of two, being given all of eight minutes, and not going on last because you're not the main event Rey, because John Cena's the main event because of course he is. Or Triple H, whichever suits your stance.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, air_raid said:

They fucked Rey triple hard, with superfluous clumsily interlaced storylines between three wrestlers instead of two, being given all of eight minutes, and not going on last because you're not the main event Rey, because John Cena's the main event because of course he is. Or Triple H, whichever suits your stance.

My stance is he's the same 'character' he was when he arrived in 2002. And most of his matches are very, very similar. And if he was the main event and he had complete control over what he could do I would wager it would be mostly the same except longer. He can't evolve too far beyond what people expect him to do because A) he's a luchador in the most risk-averse iteration of the WWE to date, B) Daniel Bryan has just done precisely that, and he's on the same brand, C) Raw won't have luchadors beyond the comedy slot, and D) he's way too big a star for 205 as he feels he has more to contribute, and there's no Neville (who would have been PERFECT as a Rey foil), and Enzo (for bleedin' obvious reasons) to feed him.

I WOULD think TAFKA-Spud could work but I don't trust Vince to get the AOP involved, and do we honestly need moar Evil Boss angles? The only man I would consider elevating to put Rey against would be Pete Dunne, but that may be too many years down the line for Rey to stick around.

Edited by seph

He's not on about Rey main eventing now, is he? Just commenting on Rey's situation in 2006.

I think Cena vs. Triple H was the right choice to main event anyway. It was only the year before that Cena had won the title whilst part of Smackdown (and not in the main event) so it's not like it was same old shit. Cena was who they were concentrating their efforts on to be the next big star and so it's natural he main evented.

As for Triple H, it was his third consecutive main event at Mania but he put over Benoit, Batista and Cena. They also brought a big main event atmosphere.

I like Rey, but even one-on-one against someone without shit storylines I don't think he should have main evented that.