Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

13 minutes ago, simonworden said:

It was on WWE anthology if I'm thinking of the correct one.

Here's a like if it doesn't embed was called "the game" by Jim johnston

I don't think he ever used this version but he did at least come out to the instrumental version once maybe more at Armageddon 2000. Hope that helps

Hmm, that's great, but I remember one which actually put Lemmy's vocal track over the instrumental from "Our Time". It may have just been this though and I'm misremembering.

Michael Elgin is apparently losing bookings and has quit Twitter over leaked tweets and DM's regarding a woman claiming harassment and sexual assault by a former student of his, Sean OIrleans, who worked for Glory Pro, the company Elgin owned but has now apparently sold.

The woman also indicates her and Elgin were in some kind of relationship.

Elgin also bashed wrestler Jeff Cobb too.

It's a little complicated but this article outlines it [although please be aware it does contain one or two pop-ups]

https://www.fightful.com/michael-elgin-hot-water-following-scepticism-sexual-assault-victim-s-story-trashes-jeff-cobb-direct

Alternatively, her Twitter feed is https://twitter.com/Th_BodyElectric and it contains a lot of the information on there.

• Paid Members

Skimmed through a fancam. It looked a bloody good match. Shame it doesn't seem to have been filmed professionally. Seeing an actual heel who's hated everywhere else wrestle in a place we've rarely (never?) seen WWE film in before would have made for a much more interesting house-style show than any of the ones they aired on the Network.

17 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Like Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar yeah? I.e. everyone he's feuded with at WrestleMania in recent years that wasn't called Sting.

didnt he beat Lesnar as his career was on the line?

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

didnt he beat Lesnar as his career was on the line?

Lesnar is the exception to the good point Punky makes. Trips was a massive hinderance to Brock and to CM Punk when it really mattered. To the point where they went with Lesnar ending the streak almost to reheat him.

• Paid Members

Brock did win the rubber match though, so it wasn't a case of Trips putting someone over just to get his win back later on. Punk though, that was a terrible decision to have Trips go over.

Edited by PunkStep