Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Impact paid BCW the 1200 back. Not Sydal

When I tweeted that bcw had only said it was being paid back, not by whom. Well done to impact tho, but their debt to pay but cleared it up. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

I’ve had a listen of the greatest entrance song ever in light of this news. 

British Strong Style came out to this a few times this year in places where their WWE UK "Ha! We're mates with Triple H!" association made them comedy bad guys. It was pretty funny.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Undefeated Steak said:

8 years ago today since we lost Umaga. One of the best characters of the decade. Decent look, unique style. That LMS against Cena was outstanding, wish we had more characters like that. 

Seemed like such a backwards gimmick before it debuted, was a bit ropey while they tweaked it and then took off.

Fatu had it down and showed great improvement from the 3MW days. What made it was his intensity, aggression and speed while the company's commitment to it really got it over and made it a credible main event gimmick.

They need to show this level of commitment and patience more often.

I fucking adore Umaga. What a loss. RIP.

Edited by tiger_rick

54 minutes ago, gadge said:

British Strong Style came out to this a few times this year in places where their WWE UK "Ha! We're mates with Triple H!" association made them comedy bad guys. It was pretty funny.

I saw them at Attack 2 days before Progress Chapter 51 and the contrast was staggering. At Attack, they were comedy faces as you say. Doing his water spit, the Pedigree. You name it. That said, 2 of them are regulars for them. Pete being one of the main ones, so they're bound to go down well. Funny as anything. Then there was Progress and obviously they were despised as anything at the time. It was a huge laugh seeing Trent Seven smugly parading through the chairs after they screwed CCK over for the Tag Titles. They didn't use the theme at Attack though. They came out to Sledgehammer.

15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Seemed lile such a backwards gimmick before it debuted, was a bit ropey while they tweaked it and then took off.

Fatu had it down and showed grwat improvement from the 3MW days. What made it was his intensity, aggression and speed while the company's commitment to it really got it over and made it a credible main event gimmick.

They need to show this level of commitment and patience more often.

I fucking adore Umaga. What a loss. RIP.

The guy got a thumb over as a finisher - that in itself is worthy of high praise. 8 years? Where has the time gone :(

RIP

Cena was on TV this morning, on whatever the ITV breakfast show is called these days.

I got to give it to the guy - what a talker and an ambassador for the company (even though he was supposed to be talking about the cartoon he's just done) I think even the biggest hater of wrestling may have softened after seeing his passion. 

Should be on the ITV hub I'd imagine.

14 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

They didn't use the theme at Attack though. They came out to Sledgehammer.

They should retcon this to be a Triple H reference too, if they haven't already.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

It's taken 40 years, but I would like to congratulate John Cena on not looking like a total Melvin in a suit for the first time in his life (from GMB earlier). 

Untitled.png

Punk could have made a bit of effort though. Always looks a scruffy fucker.

• Paid Members

Went back and watched Umaga's first few appearances on Raw last night as a result of the mentions above. When he stomped out with that ridiculous wild hair, I remembered it vividly but had no recollection of the attack on Ric Flair. Nor the match with HBK two weeks lately. Also vividly remembered the jobber matches too weirdly.

Amazing how quickly they fixed the hair and the finisher from that weird Samoan drop slam thing to the spike as a submission to the spike as a spike. Great stuff. That McMahon vs. HBK & God stuff is fucking diabolical though. No wonder I've put that period out of my mind.

On 05/12/2017 at 1:21 AM, Pinc said:

Also loved this theme.

Does anyone remember a video package used to hype one of Triple H's comebacks (possibly the one where he came back to face King Booker) which had Lemmy's vocal from his Motorhead theme playing over the top of this?

It was super bad ass but I've never been able to find it anywhere.

It was on WWE anthology if I'm thinking of the correct one.

Here's a like if it doesn't embed was called "the game" by Jim johnston

I don't think he ever used this version but he did at least come out to the instrumental version once maybe more at Armageddon 2000. Hope that helps