Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Love it!

Reminds me of the end of the Funk / Cactus King of the Death Match in 95.
Everyone expecting a massive explosion and it's more like a wet fart. 

16 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yea I saw that. Must have had to reinforce for it when Hulk slammed the 500,000lb Andre The Giant. In this instance it didn't come crashing down...

Live from the Silverdome

giphy.gifHulk will reform the Hulk Hogan Wrestling Boot Band and play in the empty Silverdome like Pink Floyd in Pompeii. 

Edited by Really Big Shoe

Matt Sydal missed a BCW show in Scotland this weekend.

Apparently there has been a bit of a Twitter war about it between Sydal and BCW's promoter.

According to wrestlingobserver.com...

• The basic gist is BCW asked Sydal, because he missed the show, to repay his deposit, which was $1,500. Sydal's agent, Bill Behrens, repaid his $300 portion of the deposit. Sydal has not returned his and said he is entitlted to it because he attempted to work the show. The promotion said they are owed $1,200. Sydal said he felt he didn't have to repay it because he made every effort to make the show, that he missed his flight due to traffic and was able to get a new flight, which would have cost $1,333, and would have made the show with the new flight, but the promoter wouldn't pay for the new flight. Sydal said he'd use the deposit money toward working another date for the promotion but the promotion said they didn't want to book him again. He said that he offered to pay some of the extra money to get the new flight because he felt bad about missing the show and claimed the promoter didn't pay for the new ticket.

• Paid Members

BCW did tweet the messages but they seem to have been removed. Apparently he explained it away as the traffic jam being 'An act of God' and compared it to mechanical problems with the plane. With the number of wrestlers and promoters who have tweeted about this, he's pretty much screwed himself for future shows here. There's an article here

As a side note, ROHs Jonathan Gresham stepped in at the last minute to help, they said at the show that he contacted them to see if he could help out. 

On 30/11/2017 at 10:38 PM, Undefeated Steak said:

According to Twitter, Jim Johnston has been released. Nothing confirmed yet but probably warrants its own thread if it does. 

I’ve had a listen of the greatest entrance song ever in light of this news. 

1 hour ago, Mr Kennedy said:

I’ve had a listen of the greatest entrance song ever in light of this news. 

Also loved this theme.

Does anyone remember a video package used to hype one of Triple H's comebacks (possibly the one where he came back to face King Booker) which had Lemmy's vocal from his Motorhead theme playing over the top of this?

It was super bad ass but I've never been able to find it anywhere.