Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Does make you think whether the WWE have big plans for the UK (rumoured PPV) and that they think they need Neville and to an extent Paige to help promote and in a sense have two well known stars feature. I know both are talented in their own rights but if both were to go it would be difficult to build somebody up in the next year. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Does make you think whether the WWE have big plans for the UK (rumoured PPV) and that they think they need Neville and to an extent Paige to help promote and in a sense have two well known stars feature. I know both are talented in their own rights but if both were to go it would be difficult to build somebody up in the next year. 

The thing is with that, they’ve had him on 205. You can see why he probably didn’t think along those lines. Especially when in an attempt to raise their status in India they gave a complete shite arse a title run.

Im not saying Neville should or will have a main title run, but he needs to be prominent if he is ever to be used as a way to raise their status in the UK. Regardless of that, he should be prominent anyway, he’s been great.

Although I’d wish him the very best if he does leave and as mentioned earlie, he’d do well, I’m selfish and I want to see him in the mix on TV. Ideally I’d like him it that Jericho style role, mainly on top in the IC division, but flirting with the top dogs occasionally. 

That will hopefully encourage people to take more notice to what he can offer.

• Paid Members

The Jinder Mahal push was such a success that WWE have cancelled one of the two shows they had planned for India.

"To meet the requests of WWE fans in India, and deliver the biggest main event in the country's history, WWE is combining two nights of family-friendly action into a one-night only, exclusive Supershow."

Yep.

Anyone watching the programme on ITV4 about sticker albums? Long story short, after Panini was bought by Robert Maxwell, he stuck it to the breakaway Merlin group with a series of writs about how they'd planned this for ages and forbid them from selling football sticker albums.

It was the WWF that saved them, shifting £80,000's worth of stickers on its first weekend. Spoke about how great the WWF were with them, doing an ad featuring Savage, Sherri & Lord Alfred. 

Never thought I'd be tuning into ITV4 and seeing Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Bastion Booger, Diesel, Jake Roberts et al featured on a documentary about stickers.

Edited by jonnybgoode82

Just now, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’m so happy you have mentioned this. I wasn’t aware but will defo check it out. Nice one.

It's an absolutely stunning programme. Who would have ever guessed that the humble sticker had such a storied background and was such a big part of the huge tabloid war of the 80s.

• Paid Members

I’m a big fan of the old sticker book. The amount of dinner money (that’s right, dinner) I didn’t spend on food but rinsed on stickers is probably horrendous. 

I had no idea of the story you mentioned, I hope it’s repeated in the near future.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Turns out there isn't a huge fan base in India ready to throw money about to see a half-Canadian ex-3MB member as champion.

Who knew?

It is astonishing that they thought a country as big on national pride as India would buy into a champion that was just about Indian enough. Should have just stuck the belt on Khali after Punjabi Prison, for all the good it did. What a shambles.