Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It's a lot more interesting than what's going on with Impacts' World Title.

I really like this 'soft launch' approach that Corgan is going with. Right now he has a sexy belt and a champion. He has an existing TV product (however low budget) on which to showcase what he needs to to create videos for the NWA youtube. He has working agreements with HOH and now CZW to push his champion. Obviously 'Championship Wrestling from Hollywood' is not the plan going forward but it'll do until they are ready to tape shows which according to interviews will be around Spring.

Apparently they are going the route of big old school brawlers type route, instead of the Indy or NJPW route of highly athletic kickout fest's that these promotions are going for. It might not be the most exciting in ring stuff but it's at least its different than everybody else and seems to be getting people more curious of the product. They can slowly add a Tagteam & Junior Heavyweight belt if they get their own TV deal and the Junior heavyweight title can be used for that type of stuff.

James Storm is a name I would want to see and if they do a smaller weight class, Austin Aries is who I would try and make the face of the division.

NJPW even has more respect in Japan than ROH, it wasn't that long ago Rob Conway was defending his NWA belt on Wrestle Kingdom, despite him having no buzz about him besides the belt.

Edited by the_mole

• Paid Members

That NWA video was a good watch. It wasn't a particularly good set of promos in terms of raising excitement and getting the blood pumping, but it did a fine job of setting out Tim Storm as a babyface to give a shit about. It was a good idea of Tommy Dreamer to just do a basic speech like a normal human being doing a talk, which feels more realistic, and to set out Storm's attributes in a matter-of-fact way; if he's got those attributes, it doesn't need any window-dressing - at least, not on the indies where the fans are open to that lo-fi feel.

Magnus is such a waste. He's clearly got the elements needed to become a superstar, but he just doesn't seem to put them together. I didn't really feel all that much regarding his promo; he came across as a pretty generic heel. Wish WWE would just sign him up, and soup him up in the Performance Centre.

• Paid Members

His latest title defence was streamed live on Instagram, which is a strange choice. I guess it keeps it on social media, though. I don't know whether it'll still be up there now.

A new volume of WWE Uncaged (Uncaged IV) has been added to iTunes, Spotify and Google Play.

features: Enforcer (Brock Lesnar's first theme), Circle of Doom (The Ringmaster), Corperate Player (HHH), Are You Ready? 2000 (DX), Made In The USA (Lex Lugar), Dangerous River (Essa Rios), Jacknife (Kevin Nash), Pierced (Droz), Masterpiece (Chris Masters), Iceman (Dean Malen's Bond theme), Wreck [Acoustic] (Mick Foley), Is Christmas Ready? (DX)

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Rosler28 said:

Without sounding sexist Magnus has taken the role of stay at home parent whilst his other half is the breadwinner

I didn't know he had a kid. Fair play.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Dangerous River? Was Jim Johnston watching Deliverance whilst coming up with Essa Rios' theme or something?

Might be something to do with the name "Rios" meaning "rivers". That's my nearest guess.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, the_mole said:

Tim Storm is the best babyface in wrestling, 53 year old school teacher and they seem to making that title seem important again, a lot more than most belts in wrestling.

Tim Storm is better than AJ Styles?? It's a good feel good story but let's not go crazy eh.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah, a few years ago now, which is why Mickie James missed Impact for a year or so.

And I didn't know it was with Mickie James. That's completely flown by me. Lucky guy.