Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Statto said:

The Georgia Dome is getting imploded on Monday.

It seems at very least whoever runs the Twitter account has fond memories of the wrestling that's taken place there:

Seems a waste. They spend 300m on renovations like 10 years ago. 

• Paid Members

I dunno - ten years of frequent, regular usage by around 50,000 people, it'd be pretty well used by now. Plus it would've made back the 300m several times over.

• Paid Members

The whole place is only 25 years old anyhow - not that much older than English stadiums I think of as being pretty new like Stadium of Light & Pride Park which both opened in 97.

Not uncommon in the States though, and the new stadium is damn impressive.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

They're building new stadiums all the time over there. There's a few over here that are 10-15 years old as well like Emirates, new Wembley, Olympic Stadium, Ethiad which they built for the Commonwealth Games turned 15. 

I wouldn't expect any of those stadiums to be demolished and replaced for 40 years or more. They love a new stadium in the States, it seems. Seems half the time to be the reason MLS teams move cities or states - the local government will help them fund a new stadium. 

• Paid Members
On 11/18/2017 at 1:59 AM, SpursRiot2012 said:

I wouldn't expect any of those stadiums to be demolished and replaced for 40 years or more. They love a new stadium in the States, it seems. Seems half the time to be the reason MLS teams move cities or states - the local government will help them fund a new stadium. 

Dumbarton are moving into a new stadium and they only moved into their newly built one in 2001. If you've ever been there, it's such a scenic position next to Dumbarton Rock and the River. Seems a bit mad to move.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

You're so right, it's hard to imagine many more aesthetically pleasingly positioned stadiums in the world. I can't think of too many other football grounds directly underneath a castle. Not only that but it's a 10 minute walk at most to the train station. It's crazy they're wanting to move.