Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

7 hours ago, Carbomb said:

But just how reasonable is it, when someone who quite emphatically isn't actually your boss and who's gone to great lengths to ensure that situation legally for all his workers, insists on you doing something which could affect your career? 

The welder thing - there's a certain range of jobs he can be reasonably expected to do, and obviously, the one you wanted him to do fell within that range. It's a lot greyer when it comes to performance/entertainment, especially when the company in question holds all the cards, and owns the right to your image and performance name. What's reasonable? Maybe Zayn and Owens have gone overboard, but maybe they perceived they were being asked to do something which could affect their status within the company and thus their careers. Bear in mind: if wrestlers fail to get over because of shit writing, they're the ones who get sacked, not the writers.

Writers get sacked all the time. The wrestlers don't bother learning the names of most of them because the turnover is so high.

9 hours ago, Briefcase said:

I do think this could be a work or at least be turned into something like that. With Neville, Owens & Zayn in hot water I wonder whether WWE would dare do an angle where those three (and maybe a few others) feel they don't belong to Raw or Smackdown and stay closely to NXT. Wouldn't surprise me if everything kicks off on Sunday and you see NXT get involved, or at least those who have come from NXT like Owens, Zayn, Neville etc.

I was thinking I'd enjoy it all to be a big work yesterday. Bring back Jacobs to be the talker, then put Neville, Aries, Ownes and Zayn together as an IndyHorsemen type thing. 

Royal Rumble sees the debut of Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, along with official Bullet Club merch and we get AJ, Balor, Anderson and Gollows join fhem. The Bar then decide to become permanent aquiantances with Miztourage. 

That is all plenty for the Sheild to be getting on with, and would make WWE seem more like Warriors which I think is a great idea.

It's not likely, but what if Jacobs is writing this whole angle and asked to be legitimately fired to get things rolling

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

That is all plenty for the Sheild to be getting on with, and would make WWE seem more like Warriors which I think is a great idea.

If they did that, they should get Steve Lombardi to don the baseball facepaint once again to lead The Furies.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, KJHenley said:

I've rarely wanted anything more than I now want every member of the roster to be affiliated with a gang from The Warriors.

I was once discussing with someone on here how Bash from wAw didn't seem like much of a baseball gimmick beyond the gear and bat, and was told he's actually based on the Baseball Furies.

I'd love it if WWE went full-on DragonGate with everyone in factions of varying degrees of blue-eyedness and villainy.

48 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd love it if WWE went full-on DragonGate with everyone in factions of varying degrees of blue-eyedness and villainy.

One faction could be trying to take over the whole WWE, and another could be loyalists trying to defend it, while a separate bunch of rebels hawk their red and black merch and a high-flying Latino gang rails against being held down by the system.

The loyalists could have their own internal feuds with perhaps a sub-group of four heels, and even the invading forces could have crowd-pleasing catchphrases, as well as power struggles at the top with people's loyalties always in question.

If I ever tune in one Monday to a show like that, it will truly be the biggest night in the history of our sport.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Uncle Zeb said:

One faction could be trying to take over the whole WWE, and another could be loyalists trying to defend it, while a separate bunch of rebels hawk their red and black merch and a high-flying Latino gang rails against being held down by the system.

The loyalists could have their own internal feuds with perhaps a sub-group of four heels, and even the invading forces could have crowd-pleasing catchphrases, as well as power struggles at the top with people's loyalties always in question.

If I ever tune in one Monday to a show like that, it will truly be the biggest night in the history of our sport.

Very good. But not everyone in wCw was in a faction, no? And it was done as if the whole situation was temporary, whereas DG's faction system is the permanent state of things.

NB: I'm not saying for one minute that WWE should do that, as the culture for it isn't there amongst the fans, and it would involve a drastic departure from the way they do things. I'm just saying I'd love it, because I loved it in DG; it's a fun and very creative way to book.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, KJHenley said:

I've rarely wanted anything more than I now want every member of the roster to be affiliated with a gang from The Warriors.

Seeing as Booker T stole most of Cyrus' quotes, he can play a part in this.