The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Having not watched Neighbours for at least a decade, can I walk into this without knowledge of ongoing storyline and still follow what is happening? I used to watch religiously back in the day, so would be interested in seeing the finale if it's accessible in isolation!

I watched it and had no real issue knowing what was going on - I haven't watched Neighboura since 2001. Lots and lots of old characters and it was actually really nice to watch and quite well done.

8 hours ago, DEF said:

I'm sure you should be ok. It's pretty heavy on the older characters.

Apparently the Australian version was longer than the C5 version.

Here's the full thing.

EDIT - I should mention it's only a brief edit of one of the cameos but if you're a nerd like me it you want all you can get.

https://youtu.be/lDdcW9idsaM

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Do you have a timestamp for it? Iā€™m curious but donā€™t have time to sit through it all again this morningĀ 

When I started watching again a couple months ago, the newest family on the street were having trouble being accepted, and their attempt to win over their neighbours with a street party fizzled out.

At that point, my fantasy-booked ending had them finally able to throw that street party, demonstrating that good neighbours can become good friends, with a downward-pointing camera rising into the sky forever while assorted revellers at the karaoke stand sang a cheesy old '80s song they remembered on that theme.

Pretty satisfied with how close the real ending turned out to be. šŸ™‚

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, hallicks said:

Do you have a timestamp for it? Iā€™m curious but donā€™t have time to sit through it all again this morningĀ 

55.15Ā 

Spoiler

The bit on the screen one of the very brief cameos is cut.

Ā 

Cracking finale, they really nicely tied a bow on it with some brilliant nostalgia. Guy Pearce was absolutely top banana in that, rugged old rogue. Toadie didn't drive off a cliff. Well done.Ā 

Really do think they should have got Alf from Home & Away in but as his twin based in Erinsborough, and he's an evil property buyer. It would have been perfect bonkers Neighbours.Ā 

• Paid Members

Had a little cry at that. I was a avid neighbours watcher and only stopped when it moved to channel 5Ā  I watched the last two weeks and honestly what a way to go out. I want to watch it from the start agin now. EvenĀ  the Bouncers dream episode.Ā 

I haven't watched for nearly 15 odd years, but it was such a big part of my childhood, I felt I owed it to them to watch the entirety of the last week.

It was all absolutely spot on. I got a bit confused as the last time I saw Elly, she was Martha in Home & Away, and I've never seen Terese, but I was immediately invested in her and Paul.

Clive is an absolute loser though. Sorry, he didn't deserve Jane.

Popped big time for Mike on the bike, and a feel good ending for all. Plus one of my favourites Amy turned up so that was all good.

They played it perfectly with the cameos, not too many and the icons turned up.

A really lovely poignant ending. RIP NEIGHBOURS. U R WIV DA MANGELS NOW.

Ā 

46 minutes ago, DEF said:

55.15Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

The bit on the screen one of the very brief cameos is cut.

Ā 

Spoiler

Was it Skye's two-second bit? What was the point in cutting that?

I did get confused when I saw her name in the end credits.

Ā 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:
Ā  Hide contents

Was it Skye's two-second bit? What was the point in cutting that?

I did get confused when I saw her name in the end credits.

Ā 

Yep. Odd one that.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Plus one of my favourites Amy turned up so that was all good.

Ā 

Amy has been full time for about a year. She's been ace. Well worth going back and watching her whole last run.

Popped big time for Billy, Libby and Stingray.

I found the Natalie Imbruglia/Holly Vallance part quite strange. They were obviously in another part of Australia/another country but still had it professionally filmed rather than by their phone or whatever.

The only thing that could have made it any better would have been a cameo from Lou Carpenter or the ghost of Drew.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Popped big time for Billy, Libby and Stingray.

I found the Natalie Imbruglia/Holly Vallance part quite strange. They were obviously in another part of Australia/another country but still had it professionally filmed rather than by their phone or whatever.

The only thing that could have made it any better would have been a cameo from Lou Carpenter or the ghost of Drew.

I think I read that Tom Oliver (Lou) is ill but his family are quite private so no-oneā€™s absolutely sure. It was a nice nod to him though when Terese was looking at the documents for River Bend and when she slid them into the envelope and turned it over it was addressed to ā€œT Oliverā€.