The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

That the existence of such an event was not mentioned till now is both an affront to, and indictment of, this entire forum.

Fucking sold out. 😠

https://booking.lwtheatres.co.uk/event/56844ba6-dbe0-ec11-83ae-f58652e55c42/performance/a5d6dff5-26c4-4881-8e89-1b25cc76a4a0

New dates added. Get in quick though.

London above, Bath below.

https://bathforum.ticketline.co.uk/order/tickets/13363716/neighbours-the-farewell-tour-bath-forum-2023-03-22-19-30-00?presale=YVtmZwND2T

Edited by DEF

They mocked their own superfans the other week, with Amy going on a Tinder date with a "Street Fighter" - an obsessed viewer fighting to save his favourite soap named The Street or something, which was being axed. Good guy Toadie rescued her from enduring his A-Z of Street facts.

• Paid Members

Seeing as Neighbours is dying next week I was thinking about how I can get my daily fix of Ramsay Street still. I've got all the DVD box sets available so that covers the first 100 or so episodes but ideally I'd like a complete collection.

I've found a couple of places selling 2tb hard drives with near complete runs. But they want £330. Is there anywhere that has them as torrents or a reliable soap version of watchwrestling that any of you know of?

EDIT - Just checked the DVDs and it turns out there are the first 297 consecutive episodes in the box sets. Much more than I realised but it's a drop in the ocean really.

Edited by DEF

9 hours ago, DEF said:

Seeing as Neighbours is dying next week I was thinking about how I can get my daily fix of Ramsay Street still. I've got all the DVD box sets available so that covers the first 100 or so episodes but ideally I'd like a complete collection.

I've found a couple of places selling 2tb hard drives with near complete runs. But they want £330. Is there anywhere that has them as torrents or a reliable soap version of watchwrestling that any of you know of?

EDIT - Just checked the DVDs and it turns out there are the first 297 consecutive episodes in the box sets. Much more than I realised but it's a drop in the ocean really.

I agree I would love a complete collection myself, I'm really gonna miss Ramsey street and would love to rewatch them again and again 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Vegeta said:

I agree I would love a complete collection myself, I'm really gonna miss Ramsey street and would love to rewatch them again and again 

Funny way of saying you've discovered immortality.

• Paid Members

How have I missed this conversation about Neighbours?! I’m genuinely devastated. I’ve not missed an episode in years and I Sky+ it every day even when I go on holidays. I’m going to miss it immensely! 

The subtle in-jokes recently have been brilliant. I liked it when, looking through Harold’s Memory Book, someone quipped about how much Lucy Robinson’s changed over the years and looks like 3 different people. NB She’s been played by 3 actresses over the years for those who didn’t know. Edit: missed @Merzbowalready mentioning this.

My friend and I had tickets for a Neighbours Reunion that was meant to happen in 2020 and got cancelled. So when the Farewell Tour was announced we had the option of transferring the tickets or getting a refund. Of course we transferred (for amazing seats at the London Palladium) and then also upgraded to a meet and greet. I can’t tell you how ridiculously excited I am about this.

Also, The Guardian ran an article last week asking people to submit their favourite memories and what Neighbours means to you. I practically write a novel. Got an email yesterday asking if they could include my submission in an article. Not sure when it’s coming out yet though.

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Monkee said:

My friend and I had tickets for a Neighbours Reunion that was meant to happen in 2020 and got cancelled. So when the Farewell Tour was announced we had the option of transferring the tickets or getting a refund. Of course we transferred (for amazing seats at the London Palladium) and then also upgraded to a meet and greet. I can’t tell you how ridiculously excited I am about this.

Oooh, jealous of the meet and great tickets. I was to late for them.