The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, DEF said:

Oooh, jealous of the meet and great tickets. I was to late for them.

I’ve had a massive crush on Dr Karl for years and both him and Susan were the first confirmed guests. I’ve met him twice - once at a Neighbours Night in Sydney and once after a pantomime he was in in Sevenoaks - and I turned into a knob both times so god knows what I’ll be like at the M&G!

And I’m telling you now, if Jason Donovan is announced then I will absolutely lose my shit. I was seriously obsessed with him when I was younger.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Monkee said:

I’ve had a massive crush on Dr Karl for years and both him and Susan were the first confirmed guests. I’ve met him twice - once at a Neighbours Night in Sydney and once after a pantomime he was in in Sevenoaks - and I turned into a knob both times so god knows what I’ll be like at the M&G!

And I’m telling you now, if Jason Donovan is announced then I will absolutely lose my shit. I was seriously obsessed with him when I was younger.

Donavon would be superb. I had tickets to see Dr K with meet and great a couple years back but the show got cancelled due to covid. He did send me a video birthday message once though for free so he's top in my book. I really should look into his new tour.

23 hours ago, DEF said:

I've found a couple of places selling 2tb hard drives with near complete runs. But they want £330. Is there anywhere that has them as torrents or a reliable soap version of watchwrestling that any of you know of?

Dailymotion seem to have a lot of episodes. They mainly seem to be uploads from VHS though so they’re not great quality. There are a few episodes on YouTube as well.

Perhaps there'll be more options out there for grabbing a complete set once the finale's aired here.

All feeling a bit real now, isn't it? Surely Harold's book was introduced back in the day only at the behest of a time travelling scriptwriter from 2022? It was such a meaningless prop that's suddenly paid dividends as the perfect way to shoehorn previous cast members into next week's proceedings.

I think it was the early 2000s or late 90s when Donovan did an appearance at one of the bars in the Skydome. He was bitter as fuck about his start in showbiz and ended his set with the theme from Home And Away. Proper Bret Hart finger writing WCW vibes. 

9 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Elle Robinson.. I had a crush on here back in the day but seeing her now and she looks even more amazing.

I mean as a teenager I liked them all, but Carmella was always my favourite, and seeing her now she's just as beautiful (there's a story of her breastfeeding her 19 month old son but lets ignore that eh?)

They should do a simulcast with Home & Away for the final episode. Just go all out mental, like the final episode of Brookside where Jimmy Corkhill done a worked shoot on the Channel 4 booking. 

The minute the axe was confirmed to be falling, Home and Away's production company should've been on the phone to negotiate a popular Ramsey Street resident moving to Summer Bay (not just the actor, the fully licenced character), with the aim of bringing intrigued Neighbours viewers with them. If that hasn't happened then both sides have left easy money on the table.