The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

The minute the axe was confirmed to be falling, Home and Away's production company should've been on the phone to negotiate a popular Ramsey Street resident moving to Summer Bay (not just the actor, the fully licenced character), with the aim of bringing intrigued Neighbours viewers with them. If that hasn't happened then both sides have left easy money on the table.

They wanted Karl, but were only offered Tagfish.

• Paid Members

Looks like a house on Ramsay Street is up for sale. If I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-vermont+south-138818659?fbclid=IwAR1T9gF4CG_ZWEUAtuzaGPUG5B1-A89W_ZMwG59pSy4yC_AQRSZLkb7lPdA&fs=e&s=cl

Edited by DEF

4 hours ago, Chili said:

Is Mark Little back on board? 

If you're only tuning in for the finale then you missed his recent cameo Skype call with Harold (who's back visiting the street).

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Chili said:

Don't look up anything online because the last scene is apparently out and about on YouTube. Anyway I'm recording it and avoiding all spoilers to catch it on the weekend. Is Mark Little back on board? 

The ep and accompanying docs aired in Australia on channel 10 today. So there will be spoilers everywhere. You could probably track it down on dailymotion by now. I'm going to wait myself.

I'm not actively seeking them out but I'm also not that bothered by spoilers for it. It's not like there's going to be a death or anything (not a spoiler I'm just assuming).

Shot a little Neighbours tribute with my little person today for my YouTube channel. Was fun to have a look at my autographs have having a chuckle over favourite moments. Spoilers - Neighbours trading cards from the 80s have bubblegum in them that have not aged well.

Just a heads-up in case anyone else nearly gets caught out:

As well as tonight's hour-long finale, there's also a regular-length episode at the usual times.

I'd assumed yesterday's was the last half-hour one, till scooting through the TV guide this morning.

• Paid Members

Honestly I feel about sick. It was lovely but I just can't stand the idea it's finished. 

Spoiler

When Susan said I love you to Karl it very nearly tipped me over the edge. But the ghosts were who made me well up.

Toadie being announced for the farewell tour is nice. Something to look forward to.

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the summer holidays rewatching it and searching for a complete run of episodes.

• Paid Members

Having not watched Neighbours for at least a decade, can I walk into this without knowledge of ongoing storyline and still follow what is happening? I used to watch religiously back in the day, so would be interested in seeing the finale if it's accessible in isolation!

• Paid Members

I'm sure you should be ok. It's pretty heavy on the older characters.

Apparently the Australian version was longer than the C5 version.

Here's the full thing.

EDIT - I should mention it's only a brief edit of one of the cameos but if you're a nerd like me it you want all you can get.

https://youtu.be/lDdcW9idsaM

Edited by DEF