The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I've searched all day for this, and can't find evidence that it was from too much coffee (It was Darcy) but I am convinced I'm right. Someone validate this please.

I remember something similar, but not coffee. I can't remember if it was Darcy but it probably was - she collapses while out, and others are about to give her insulin. Henry (I'm fairly certain) suddenly goes "No wait, that's exactly what she doesn't need" and gives her orange juice or something - realising that she'd mildly overdosed on her insulin and needed sugar. Coffee may have been involved, but my memory is that it was an insulin overdose.

I stopped watching in the mid-nineties. There was an episode where Toadie was goofing around in the gym and dropped weights on his throat, but everyone thought he was joking. The problem being that Henry had done exactly the same thing in the 80s - which I remembered because it was the cliffhanger on the first episode I ever watched. So at that point, I figured I'd seen everything they had to offer.

26 minutes ago, Chili said:

Shit loads of Sons & Daughters on YouTube. Used to be subjected to that by me mam if I was pulling a sickie from school. I still remember Pat the Rat. Christ that theme tune haunts me. 

I still remember who sung the fucker!  Good example of a top heel in one soap being a solid face in a rival. 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Shit loads of Sons & Daughters on YouTube. Used to be subjected to that by me mam if I was pulling a sickie from school. I still remember Pat the Rat. Christ that theme tune haunts me. 

I remember whenever pulling a sickie in the late 80's/early 90's. There was a horrible period between 12pm and 3.30pm waiting for CBBC/CITV to start, always filled with shite like Son and Daughters or The Sullivans. It was a dead zone of entertainment if you had no Sky or Cable.

11 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I remember whenever pulling a sickie in the late 80's/early 90's. There was a horrible period between 12pm and 3.30pm waiting for CBBC/CITV to start, always filled with shite like Son and Daughters or The Sullivans. It was a dead zone of entertainment if you had no Sky or Cable.

Early training grounds for when they hit the majors. Jim Robinson had a wicked Barnet in Young Doctors, proper Afro. 

This obviously all makes Prisoner Cell Block H Japan. Dastardly heels in Erinsborough and Summer Bay aren’t fit to clasp Jock Stewart’s belt buckle. 

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Early training grounds for when they hit the majors. Jim Robinson had a wicked Barnet in Young Doctors, proper Afro. 

This obviously all makes Prisoner Cell Block H Japan. Dastardly heels in Erinsborough and Summer Bay aren’t fit to clasp Jock Stewart’s belt buckle. 

I think 42 year old me would probably quite like some of them. OK maybe not The Sullivans that always looked bollocks.

I remember that time of day as 'even if you felt really ill in the morning and your ok now' your mum still won't let you play on your Spectrum. So you sit their twiddling your thumbs desperate for kids tv to start.

Maybe I’m looking too much into this but I don’t see why Sky’s social media team would tweet this if Sky weren’t interested in showing Neighbours themselves. Either that or they’re teasing the fans.