The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

Absolutely gutted to here the news Channel 5 have axed Neighbours. The current state is that their Australian partner 10 Peach are prepared to continue airing it provided they find a new UK partner. Filming tomorrow has been postponed and they are having a production meeting which doesn't sound promising. As it stands the last episode will air on Channel 5 on June 10th I believe.

13 minutes ago, DEF said:

Absolutely gutted to here the news Channel 5 have axed Neighbours. The current state is that their Australian partner 10 Peach are prepared to continue airing it provided they find a new UK partner. Filming tomorrow has been postponed and they are having a production meeting which doesn't sound promising. As it stands the last episode will air on Channel 5 on June 10th I believe.

Some absolute belting moments in this thread. 

And this made me chuckle a lot, despite not knowing who the bloke bottom right is. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I had no idea that it got so much of it's funding from over here, is anyone expected to pick it up?

It's not looking good right now. It could happen but Fremantle have said there's no one right now.

Not watched Neighbours since the late 90s but for some reason, the news of it facing the axe saddens me. The programme has relied on its UK funding for decades. It’s looking like this really is the end of it.

Edited by LCJ

43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Some absolute belting moments in this thread. 

And this made me chuckle a lot, despite not knowing who the bloke bottom right is. 

My favourite was when Lou and Harold spoke about some strong "Columbian stuff" and exchanged a brown bag of it. It was of course coffee they were talking about...or was it?

Good to know I didn't just imagine this either. spacer.png

Around this time one of the writers was clearly a huge hip hop fan, so youd have Tad in a Jurassic 5 t shirt or answering the door going "Hey sorry, I was just listening to some Rahzel" in a very shoehorned in way. Brilliant.

22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Around this time one of the writers was clearly a huge hip hop fan, so youd have Tad in a Jurassic 5 t shirt or answering the door going "Hey sorry, I was just listening to some Rahzel" in a very shoehorned in way. Brilliant.

One of the replies to that tweet mentioned a meta music moment when someone walked into a room where Paul Robinson was and started singing a Stefan Dennis song. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

41 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So was Big Dave!

This must have been at the end of my Neighbours watching pomp because I remember that kid but I definitely would have remembered Big Fucking Dave on Neighbours.

Law Man and The Shamrock vs Big Dave and Randy Orton with Lou Carpenter and Ric Flair in their respective corners would have been a money draw too.