The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
I'm still waiting for the day someone goes all Michael Ryan on Emmerdale.

Who's he?

He was a guy who went a bit mental and shot a ton of people in the Hungerford Massacre..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ryan_(mass_murderer)

That makes more sense. When I first read that post, I thought he'd said he was waiting for the day someone when someone goes all Michelle Ryan on Emmerdale.

Blimey.. this Baby Death/Swap storyline in Eastenders is so far fetched...

Shit dont you mean.

Turning Ronnie from 'likeable' tragic figure after Danielle's death to this bilge now has the missus in uproar,

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I mean if being abused by your dad, having a daughter killed by hit and run, a son die by cot death (or similar) and various others trials and tribulations she now swaps a dead baby for a live one and the audience is meant to care.. It's completely out of character and is a heel turn that isnt necessary with further emotional bollocks that completely undermines the character

Blimey.. this Baby Death/Swap storyline in Eastenders is so far fetched...

Shit dont you mean.

Turning Ronnie from 'likeable' tragic figure after Danielle's death to this bilge now has the missus in uproar,

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I mean if being abused by your dad, having a daughter killed by hit and run, a son die by cot death (or similar) and various others trials and tribulations she now swaps a dead baby for a live one and the audience is meant to care.. It's completely out of character and is a heel turn that isnt necessary with further emotional bollocks that completely undermines the character

Couldn't agree more. Although I kind of liked the Stacey exit, I haven't watched much of Eastenders for a while as it's just become total shit. This being a prime example of how shit it has become.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Watching Pobol Y Cwm on iPlayer today, and who shows up but TERRY WOODS off Emmerdale playing an evil gangster type.

Terry off Emmerdale in a Welsh language soap is a joy to behold. Clyde Tavernier should show up in it as well if there's a god.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
As cheesey and crappy as it is, i'm actually gripped by the whole Silas storyline on Hollyoaks , Jeff Rawle makes a great soap baddie

tv_jeff_rawle.jpg

He's the only reason why I even watch that show nowadays. The voice. The innocent old man look. He killed off people who I hate. I think he may be taking over Mike Barnes as my favorite Hollyoaks character ever.

Have to agree, Hollyoaks is becoming quite watchable of late. Did anyone see the "later" version of the show last week? Sometimes it felt like there was far too much going on, but on the whole, I couldn't ever see Corrie or Eastenders pulling off something like that :laugh:

• 5 years later...
  • Paid Members

I know you have all been in a constant state of anguish since the rumors began but fear not...

Channel 5 have struck a new deal with Freemantle and Neighbours will grace our screens for at least another 4 years.

Happy Easter