The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two thoughts from watching Corrie for the first time in years last night.

#1 That molly's a bit weird looking

#2 Jacks death was by far one of the most superb deaths I've ever seen in a soap. So beautifully done.

Totally agree with you on both points.

That was one of the most touching soap scenes I've ever seen.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

EastEnders is appalling. The lack of continuity and random changes in characters personalities is ridiculous. Janine's killed two of her previous husbands, which various people are aware of, but don't seem to mind. Pat recently found her trying to kill her current boyfriend, but was more bothered about being right in her assumptions than the fact that Janine was going to chalk up another death.

Tonight's scene with Stacey and Janine was equally bollocks, and felt like it was written by a 12 year old.

EastEnders is appalling. The lack of continuity and random changes in characters personalities is ridiculous. Janine's killed two of her previous husbands, which various people are aware of, but don't seem to mind. Pat recently found her trying to kill her current boyfriend, but was more bothered about being right in her assumptions than the fact that Janine was going to chalk up another death.

Tonight's scene with Stacey and Janine was equally bollocks, and felt like it was written by a 12 year old.

The missus and her coven seem to equate this as something to with the new producer replacing Deidrick Santer.. Apparently the new guy was from Hollioaks and he likes the Yoof and erm well shit and improbable character arcs

• Paid Members

It wouldn't surprise me. You know we have the conversation every so often about wrestling storylines that are so overly sensationalist for the sake of it and insulting to our intelligence that it makes us embarressed to admit being a fan? I imagine EastEnders viewers often feel the same.

I'm still waiting for the day someone goes all Michael Ryan on Emmerdale.

EDIT @Happ

Unless it gets to the point that almost no one is watching the beeb will never drop Eastenders much like ITV will never drop Corrie.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
I don't see why Eastenders is still on the BBC, as it fulfills no public service remit whatsoever. IMO they should auction it off to save money.

Unless it gets to the point that almost no one is watching the beeb will never drop Eastenders much like ITV will never drop Corrie.

There was a bit of a hoohah a couple of years ago, where EastEnders got the Best Soap award, despite losing something like 2 million viewers that year.