The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

There is isn't there?

Meic Pierce,

Ffion Llewellyn,

Nesta,

Jinx,

Kev.

So that's at least five, and I could swear I'm missing some out. And there are the Monks, who are meant to be from Newcastle, I think.

Butch and/or Gar, in Wales, is Pobol broadcast with English subtitles? When I used to have Sky it was, for obvious reasons. Actually I always thought it odd that we'd receive a Welsh regional channel, S4C, in the middle of England.

Speaking of which, has Pobol ever been shown on a BBC channel or has it always been on S4C? I know it's a BBC show, so I assume Auntie part-owns S4C or something.

• Paid Members

Pobol y Cwm is shown without Subtitles on S4C every evening, but the Sunday omnibus is shown with Subtitles.

BBC is obliged to provide S4C with x hours of Welsh programming every year, for free. S4C isn't owned by the BBC though.

BBC does have it's own Welsh Language Radio Station though, BBC Radio Cymru (whom i've tried for a job for so many times you won't believe).

Before my time, but Pobol y Cwm used to be shown every afternnon on BBC2 with Subtities. But was taken off because they received so many complaints.

Edited by garynysmon

Could be total bollocks, but there's a rumour doing the rounds on the Brookside Facebook page that Five are thinking of bringing Brookie back as part of the new owners' plans to revive some old shows. The page is even encouraging folk to e-mail Five in support of new Brookie.

Personally I'd rather see the old episodes repeated, but an intriguing development nonetheless.

Sorry to double post, but had to let you all know that a comment I made about the Redmond/Corkhill monologue on the final Brookside episode on the Brookie FB page was "liked" by one Kristian Ealey.

If the name doesn't ring any bells, he played Matt Musgrove, younger brother of the rapist guy. The character infamously crossed over to Hollyoaks with little success. He's probably done nothing since. I've sent a friend request; let's face it, Julian Radbourne is probably more famous than Ealey these days.