The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Can someone please tell me what this Denise alive stuff is all about? I read it on facebook, but did see it. As far as what I watch goes, Home & Away is the only one I never miss. Other than that I perhaps see Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders once a week in the pub at best.

Can someone please tell me what this Denise alive stuff is all about? I read it on facebook, but did see it. As far as what I watch goes, Home & Away is the only one I never miss. Other than that I perhaps see Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders once a week in the pub at best.

Well Lucas was supposed to have killed Denise as he identified "her" body and they had the funeral on Friday, but it turns out she wasn't dead and is being locked up by him. Don Gilet is a superb actor, it'll be a shame when he finally goes from the show.

A bit longwinded to go into the whole storyline but prior to yesterday, the last we had seen of Denise was when Lucas throttled her in the car, and we were under the assumption he had killed her. It was then implied that she had committee suicide, and also killed her ex Owen. A body was pulled from the canal along with Denise's phone. Lucas identifies the body as Denise and her funeral is held. Anyway, yesterday's episode finished with Lucas going into the basement of some house with some food, and there is Denise, and he tells her he has just come back from her funeral.

*Edit* Beaten to it, but as previously mentioned Don Gilet has been superb throughout this, same with Rudolf Walker. Shame I cant say the same about Tiana Benjamin who is an awful actress. Hopefully both of Denise's sisters are here to stay.

Edited by Magnum Milano

• Paid Members

A bit longwinded to go into the whole storyline but prior to yesterday, the last we had seen of Denise was when Lucas throttled her in the car, and we were under the assumption he had killed her. It was then implied that she had committee suicide, and also killed her ex Owen. A body was pulled from the canal along with Denise's phone. Lucas identifies the body as Denise and her funeral is held. Anyway, yesterday's episode finished with Lucas going into the basement of some house with some food, and there is Denise, and he tells her he has just come back from her funeral.

That's a pretty cool twist, can't believe I didn't see it. I have to say I thought it was odd that he throttled her yet the police were happy to accept suicide, but I assumed that was just bad writing. Turns out it was clever!

Really been liking Emmerdale lately, especially the past week with the swerve of Charlie being a conman, along with the death of Shadrach. The only problem is that I find the whole Natasha/Mark/Faye storyline super-boring, and considering it first started over a year ago it really needs to end soon.

Eastenders was really good last night, with that Denise storyline. Best work they have done for a long time. What I don't get is, how did Lucas get in if there was that board against the door?

I imagine there was a back way to get in and I think Denise has just headed for the front door.

I'm a Corrie die-hard, but the storyline involving John, Charlotte and the now deceased Colin Fishwick is unforgivably shit. Fishwick looked like he dropped dead of a heart attack, rather than a blow from Stape or the weird-looking woman (which is what I assumed would be the cause of death before the episodes aired), so why John had to start panicking and wanting to hide the body is just utterly ridiculous.

If he'd phoned for an ambulance and the police like a normal person, the authorities would soon see that Fishwick died of natural causes and it wasn't murder. The only thing John and Charlotte would have to explain that might've been awkward were Colin's bruises. Instead, as an obviously contrived effort to keep this angle going for another couple of months or more, Stape acts like the stereotypical Soap Accidental Murderer, pressuring Charlotte into helping him get rid of the dead Fishwick. Utterly stupid.

What's more, the trailers that ITV had been showing all week made these episodes look like they'd be quite serious, Corrie's attempts to do this kind of thing as well as EastEnders and (occasionally) Emmerdale. Instead, it was pure farce from start to finish, with the dustbin and Norris "that bald bloke" Cole and Charlotte losing her car keys. Felt almost like false advertising to me. Come on Street, if you're going to try and emulate your biggest rival, then at least do it right. Actually have someone commit a murder in order for them to want to hide the body, and save the comedy for a lighter episode.

• Paid Members

I'm die hard Neighbours through and through. Although whilst I love it I liken it to watching Russo era WCW these days. I spend every episode ranting and raving to the wife about everything thats wrong with it. But in a way I love that about it to. I've got absolutely no time for any other soap as they all genuinely irritate me.

My number one issue with it right now other than the crap storylines is they can't seem to keep a character for longer than a year. It seems like we get a whole new cast outside the old school every 6 months.

Also I long for the death of the Ringo character. New Declans not much better either.

Good call on the women of Ramsey Street. To be honest its a good part of why I watch particularly in my teens. Dee was probably my favourite. But you can't go wrong with Flick, Annalise, Sky, or Amy from back in the day.

I'm a Corrie die-hard, but the storyline involving John, Charlotte and the now deceased Colin Fishwick is unforgivably shit. Fishwick looked like he dropped dead of a heart attack, rather than a blow from Stape or the weird-looking woman (which is what I assumed would be the cause of death before the episodes aired), so why John had to start panicking and wanting to hide the body is just utterly ridiculous.

If he'd phoned for an ambulance and the police like a normal person, the authorities would soon see that Fishwick died of natural causes and it wasn't murder. The only thing John and Charlotte would have to explain that might've been awkward were Colin's bruises. Instead, as an obviously contrived effort to keep this angle going for another couple of months or more, Stape acts like the stereotypical Soap Accidental Murderer, pressuring Charlotte into helping him get rid of the dead Fishwick. Utterly stupid.

What's more, the trailers that ITV had been showing all week made these episodes look like they'd be quite serious, Corrie's attempts to do this kind of thing as well as EastEnders and (occasionally) Emmerdale. Instead, it was pure farce from start to finish, with the dustbin and Norris "that bald bloke" Cole and Charlotte losing her car keys. Felt almost like false advertising to me. Come on Street, if you're going to try and emulate your biggest rival, then at least do it right. Actually have someone commit a murder in order for them to want to hide the body, and save the comedy for a lighter episode.

My mum watched Colin Fishwicks get the Finkerpoke Of Doom, fall on the floor an die - she laughed and told me to turn it over. Luckily I stuck around and was able to see Roy and Hayley Croper get pissed. Eastenders has been brilliant this week.

Fingerpoke of Doom-hah! It was akin to Nash and Hogan on Nitro actually!

EastEnders is pissing all over Corrie at the moment. However, I think there's some good stuff due on CS in the coming months, whereas the new Easties showrunner is resorting to bringing back the abysmal Daniella Westbrook and recasting Lucy Beale. WHY??!! The actress who plays Lucy now is perfectly fine.

Don't be surprised if EE enters a rough patch later this year. Some of the casting decisions being made right now are crazy. Though it was obvious Ben Mitchell needed recasting sooner or later.

Fingerpoke of Doom-hah! It was akin to Nash and Hogan on Nitro actually!

EastEnders is pissing all over Corrie at the moment. However, I think there's some good stuff due on CS in the coming months, whereas the new Easties showrunner is resorting to bringing back the abysmal Daniella Westbrook and recasting Lucy Beale. WHY??!! The actress who plays Lucy now is perfectly fine.

Don't be surprised if EE enters a rough patch later this year. Some of the casting decisions being made right now are crazy. Though it was obvious Ben Mitchell needed recasting sooner or later.

They surely can't just recast a character like that as it will take away a lot of the realism and continuity of the show. I know they did it with Sam Mitchell, but she was gone for a while before they replaced Westbrook and then gone again for another while before they brought Westbrook back so it's understandable. I know they recast characters in soaps all the time, but to do it to one that's a regular face at the minute is just silly. They'd need to have her sent away for a good year at least before bringing her back and managing to make it look at least a bit credible.

Eastenders moves to HD in the Autumn and they're apparently going toSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

burn down the Queen vic

as a way of signing off from the old sets and moving into the new. Eastenders best stories have now come to an end as far as I'm concerned, so it will undoubtedly hit a long winded rough area that will have me switch off for a while. The story involving Max's daughter falling in love with that Darren is just awful so I hope that fucks off quickly. I can see the Zoey Lucker's character and her story being the next big climactic story possibly ending in another death or some form of shock reveal.