The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fingerpoke of Doom-hah! It was akin to Nash and Hogan on Nitro actually!

EastEnders is pissing all over Corrie at the moment. However, I think there's some good stuff due on CS in the coming months, whereas the new Easties showrunner is resorting to bringing back the abysmal Daniella Westbrook and recasting Lucy Beale. WHY??!! The actress who plays Lucy now is perfectly fine.

Don't be surprised if EE enters a rough patch later this year. Some of the casting decisions being made right now are crazy. Though it was obvious Ben Mitchell needed recasting sooner or later.

By all accounts the axing of Melissa Suffield was do to constant disciplinary issues. Shame, as she is a cracking little actress. As awful as Ben Mitchell is, I will miss his camp, hokey acting and delivery on the Square (the funniest thing I have seen on the show for years was the immortal 'You need slappin' dahn' line). They are also recasting Lauren Branning.

Not looking forward to the return of Westbrook, and the returns of Kat & Alfie Moon, although there are a bunch of departures to come that should clear out some dead wood. I hope that Glynis Barber is here to stay, and the same with Tameka Empson.

By all accounts the axing of Melissa Suffield was do to constant disciplinary issues. Shame, as she is a cracking little actress. As awful as Ben Mitchell is, I will miss his camp, hokey acting and delivery on the Square (the funniest thing I have seen on the show for years was the immortal 'You need slappin' dahn' line). They are also recasting Lauren Branning.

She's got cracking tits. She's a rubbish actress.

pepper.jpg

God I loved Neighbours a few years back, one of the few shows I'm truly nostalgic for. Pepper leaving as well as the move to Five was the end for me, maybe it'll return to the glory days at some point. :(

The death of Madge was around the time I stopped watching. I remember being in tears at that as I thought it was superbly done, but just haven't watched it since.

Emmerdale for me. Maisie is just awesome...when they had her drunk and stumbling about she was hot but now she is a sex-obsessed minx makes her even better!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Although i think that Nathan is the least convincing tv hardman ever...For a start he is too clean-cut and his voice is too posh to sound threatening. Also has Natalie Robb who is well tidy, and some decent storylines too. Eastenders is way too dark sometimes, i know that happens in real life but very rarely could all that misery happen in such a small community. Corrie has the comedy timing down perfect. Norris especially. His line at the birthday party cracked me up.."Why do people congratulate you when you have a birthday at our age? Is it cause you haven't died yet?" Perfect delivery!! :thumbsup:

Edited by NorthSeaTiger

Drunk Roy Cropper is almost as funny as drunk Phil Mitchell.

And I'm enjoying them remaking The Kipper and The Corpse. :D

Drunk Roy Cropper was absolutely hilarious. Some great lines.

'Would you like a punch Mary?'

'Don't tell me the Archbishop of Canterbury has just found a gap in his diary?! HA HA!'

Top quality!

Does anyone know if there is any truth to Alife Moon and Kat (Slater) Moon coming back in it?

Yes they are coming back, and they have already cast for Alfie's cousin Michael Moon (played by Steve John Shepard, last I saw of him was in the BBC3 comedy Lunch Monkeys, and years back he was in This Life) who will be joining the show.

Fortunately, there appears to be no plans for the atrocious Chris 'Spencer Moon' Parker to be rejoining the show.

• Paid Members

This thread has got me all nostalgic and I've ordered Neighbours The Iconic Episodes Vol 2 because of it. 24 episodes on 3 discs of pure gold. I've already got Neighbours Defining Moments 2 disc and Iconic Episodes Vol 1 which are cracking fun for playing made up drinking games with.

Vol 2 has been pricey for ages but on Playtrade its going cheap. Check this bad boy out,

DISC 1 - THE FIRES

Episode 1825: Fire Behind Lassiters

Episode 1826: Escape

Episode 3444: Getting Ready For End Of Millennium

Episode 3445: Finale To 1999 - Scully's Fire

Episode 3446: Fire Still Burning

Episode 4630: Lassiter's On Fire

Episode 4631: Still Burning

Episode 4632: Aftermath

DISC 2 - CHARLENE

Episode 234: Scott & Charlene's First Meeting

Episode 265: Scott & Charlene Almost Have Sex Episode In Hotel Room

Episode 391: Charlene, Scott & Paul's Car Crash

Episode 392: Charlene, Scott & Paul's Car Crash

Episode 400: 1986 Finale, Dream Sequence

Episode 417: Charlene On Beach In Bikini Episode

Episode 508: Scott Proposes To Charlene

Episode 523: Scott & Charlene's Wedding

DISC 3 - FAN FAVOURITES

Episode 776: Departure Of Charlene - Part 1

Episode 777: Departure Of Charlene - Part 2

Episode 2000: Helen's Birthday

Episode 2240: Murder Mystery Weekend

Episode 2710: Cheryl Stark Killed In Accident

Episode 2733: Harold Reappears

Episode 3670: Romance Between Joel & Flic Kicks Off

Episode 3671: Joe Delivers Baby In Bush

Frankly I can't wait to watch Julie Martin snuff it again.

• Paid Members
pepper.jpg

God I loved Neighbours a few years back, one of the few shows I'm truly nostalgic for. Pepper leaving as well as the move to Five was the end for me, maybe it'll return to the glory days at some point. :(

The death of Madge was around the time I stopped watching. I remember being in tears at that as I thought it was superbly done, but just haven't watched it since.

The Death of Madge is on the Defining Moments DVD and its a cracking episode. Probably the only time a character in a soap has ever died and I have not high five someone afterwards.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to Alife Moon and Kat (Slater) Moon coming back in it?

Yes they are coming back, and they have already cast for Alfie's cousin Michael Moon (played by Steve John Shepard, last I saw of him was in the BBC3 comedy Lunch Monkeys, and years back he was in This Life) who will be joining the show.

Fortunately, there appears to be no plans for the atrocious Chris 'Spencer Moon' Parker to be rejoining the show.

It was maybe kismet that he would be in 'enders ... iirc Mr Shepard was banging Martine 'Tiffany' McCutcheon at one point. Bound to happen