The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Corrie, although Brookside was good, shame it got axed or doesn't get repeated on any of the Sky channels, I remember Sky One & Living TV used to show them a few years back at dinner time. Another mention goes out to PCBH, I used to watch that when Channel 5 showed them in the late 90's, shame that isn't shown anymore too.

So what did people think of tonights Eastenders (those who watched it of course)?

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Had sort of an idea that the "murder" of Denise would end in a twist, but I still found myself being shocked by the whole reveal of it. Excellent stuff I have to say.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

When does Phil Mitchell's crackhead story start? I'm all over that story.

Sometime around the first week of August I think. Digital Spy says he heads down 'a dark path' on the 6th so I'm guessing that's it.

As for last nights twist, Steve, I didn't like it. As a twist it worked great but it's one of those storylines that has me agreeing with people who say the show is too miserable. Bit too dark for my liking.

I try and keep up with Eastenders, but I'm far more intrigued by Rosie Webster's lesbian shenanigans in Corrie at the minute.

Me too :) Best storyline ever written!

Bollocks! If you want a well-written, proper-acted lesbo angle, go to YouTube or somewhere and search for Beth Jordache and Brookside.

The one in Corrie with the couple of spotty teenagers is poor, mainly because neither of them can act and I find them about as erotic as a fish supper.

I try and keep up with Eastenders, but I'm far more intrigued by Rosie Webster's lesbian shenanigans in Corrie at the minute.

Me too :) Best storyline ever written!

Bollocks! If you want a well-written, proper-acted lesbo angle, go to YouTube or somewhere and search for Beth Jordache and Brookside.

The one in Corrie with the couple of spotty teenagers is poor, mainly because neither of them can act and I find them about as erotic as a fish supper.

Believe me, it's an upgrade from this: Sonia-Eastenders.jpg

Fucking hell, Dill, thanks for reminding me about that. I absolutely despised EastEnders around that period and stopped watching it because all the main storylines were shit, especially that one. Sonia Fowler was the least convincing lesbian ever, even though if she got a haircut she'd resemble a butch dyke quite a lot.

EastEnders really was the drizzling shits at that point.

Corrie for me, it's got bang tidy Helen Flanagan :love: don't tell the wife that's my reason for watching though ;)

Corrie is great for it's British camp sense of humour, Eastenders is too dull and depressing. I've stopped my 9 year old son watching Eastenders with the mrs and in fact she's given up on following it herself in the last couple of weeks.

As for last nights twist, Steve, I didn't like it. As a twist it worked great but it's one of those storylines that has me agreeing with people who say the show is too miserable. Bit too dark for my liking.

The twist was good, although I felt from the moment he identified her in the mortuary and you didn't see her face, that she was still alive. Sadly, surely this is the beginning of the end for Lucas, who is a super character played by a great actor. The character always only had a finite time on the show, but I really expected them to drag out the Owen buried in the Square storyline.

In regards to the show being too dark and miserable, I have to agree. Not only do you have the Lucas and Denise storyline, but there is the Ronnie being sexually abused by her father which they are now doing, the Ben being sent down leading to Phil becoming a druggie, and an upcoming fire in the square.

The twist was good, although I felt from the moment he identified her in the mortuary and you didn't see her face, that she was still alive. Sadly, surely this is the beginning of the end for Lucas, who is a super character played by a great actor. The character always only had a finite time on the show, but I really expected them to drag out the Owen buried in the Square storyline.

In regards to the show being too dark and miserable, I have to agree. Not only do you have the Lucas and Denise storyline, but there is the Ronnie being sexually abused by her father which they are now doing, the Ben being sent down leading to Phil becoming a druggie, and an upcoming fire in the square.

I agree it's very dark and miserable, but I love a good drama and Eastenders at its best can be the most brilliant thing on TV.