The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:02 AM, Uncle Zeb said:

Does anyone here still watch Home and Away? Just wondering if there's been, or will be, any kind of subtle hat tip in the script (don't know if we're further behind on that than we were with Neighbours)

None that has appeared so far on home and away.

Edited by Vegeta
Edit

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Definitely going to have to watch this.

I watched it. The guy playing Phil is absolutely spot on. He looks, and acts, incredibly like him. Grant and Peggy pretty decent as well.

Billy on the other hand...

Such a depressing show though. Reminded me why I stopped watching it.

• 2 months later...

Can't say I've ever heard of Amazon Freevee - what's its track record for sticking with shows for the long haul? Has it even been around long enough to have a track record?

The ending we got was so perfect and unrepeatable, that it almost seems a shame to risk undermining it with a short-lived revival. But great news for fans who've been missing it I suppose.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Can't say I've ever heard of Amazon Freevee - what's its track record for sticking with shows for the long haul? Has it even been around long enough to have a track record?

The ending we got was so perfect and unrepeatable, that it almost seems a shame to risk undermining it with a short-lived revival. But great news for fans who've been missing it I suppose.

It was previously known as IMDB TV. Not really been around that long.

This is such a shock that I can't quite believe it's happening. Since the show ended I've filled the gap with old episodes from the start. Roughly 130 episodes in.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

The first episode of the new season of Neighbours is now available on Amazon Instant Freevee. Some new faces and some surprises but pretty much classic daft Neighbours.

• 2 weeks later...