The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When Harold first showed up at the Kennedys' and was asked whether he'd been hanging out with Lou lately, I got the impression he reacted quite cagily, so I thought they were setting something up for Lou's arrival and spent weeks looking forward to that. Obviously got the wrong end of the stick there!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chili said:

Cracking finale, they really nicely tied a bow on it with some brilliant nostalgia. Guy Pearce was absolutely top banana in that, rugged old rogue. Toadie didn't drive off a cliff. Well done. 

Really do think they should have got Alf from Home & Away in but as his twin based in Erinsborough, and he's an evil property buyer. It would have been perfect bonkers Neighbours. 

I wanted Terese to go "Actually, my name's Sophie, I'm from Summer Bay, and we're taking over."

I'll put this in spoiler tags incase someone is an avid watcher but hasn't seen it rather than tuning in after 20 years like me

Spoiler

Why were so many of the houses on the street on sale?

And also when I watched it on Tuesday, Izzy was going out with Malcom Kennedy and they were going to buy a house together but by Friday she was sleeping with someone else. What happened to Mal?

24 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'll put this in spoiler tags incase someone is an avid watcher but hasn't seen it rather than tuning in after 20 years like me

Hide contents

Why were so many of the houses on the street on sale?

And also when I watched it on Tuesday, Izzy was going out with Malcom Kennedy and they were going to buy a house together but by Friday she was sleeping with someone else. What happened to Mal?

Spoiler

Izzy got off with Shane and someone saw them. She read the history of Ramsey Street book and decided to confess and break up with Mal. 

Where he went...I dunno. 

Spoiler

After the owner of one house decided to leave Erinsborough (you saw her getting back together with Martha from Home and Away at the wedding reception), the estate agent found herself inundated with business. Having been made an offer by his old mate Shane Ramsey to buy Lassiter's, Paul accepted an invitation from his kids in New York to move out there, and his other kids on Ramsey Street were due to go with him. Meanwhile Therese (Paul's ex) planned to start running a business elsewhere with Paul's brother, and Toadie and Melanie felt they needed a fresh start in a new home away from all their respective baggage. Oh, and the new family had spent beyond their means to get their house so were moving somewhere cheaper.

Regarding the houses on sale.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:
  Hide contents

Izzy got off with Shane and someone saw them. She read the history of Ramsey Street book and decided to confess and break up with Mal. 

Where he went...I dunno. 

Fair play to Izzy on doing the sportsman’s double. I bet she’s sliding in to Billy’s dm’s as we speak.

Was Margot Robbie on it?

• Paid Members

I watched that finale despite not having seen an episode of Neighbours in close to twenty years. Like most of my generation, it was a huge part of my childhood and teenage years. What a beautifully put together episode, I felt emotional and that was just the nostalgia. Can imagine how much it must have tugged at the heartstrings for those that have stayed loyal over the years. 

Does anyone here still watch Home and Away? Just wondering if there's been, or will be, any kind of subtle hat tip in the script (don't know if we're further behind on that than we were with Neighbours).

If Corrie ended tomorrow you can bet EastEnders would slip in a little tribute, even if it was just someone wearing tape on their glasses while waiting for a new pair.

Has anyone done the triple crown of soap? I can think of loads who have done two of the big three and it’s pretty common that actors will do a run on the indies of Holyoaks or the late Family Affairs before stepping up but who’s done the most? Kim Tate’s probably done them all. Gotta be fully fleshed out roles too, no security guard or conquistadors 37’s.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Factotum said:

I've never understood why someone doesn't do a serial killer storyline with someone appearing in all of the soaps. That's money on the table

Tho not a serial killer storyline the legend that is Sir Ian McKellen wanted to take his character from Corrie to Eastenders and Emmerdale but apparently Corrie heads turned the idea down. Such a shame he was great in Corrie