Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
21 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Peacemaker may be my favourite superhero TV show ever. Big Match John is incredible, and the show keeps itself perfectly balanced between comedy and quite brutal violence. 

And that intro... yes.

I’m glad people are seeing the show and enjoying the intro. When I posted it and it was amazing all I saw were fun sponges. I’ve still got half the season left but heard it’s picked up for season 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I thought the new Spider-Man was cack. Only Dafoe and Molina stood out. I know it must have been a logistical nightmare to film with the schedules of everyone, and Covid restrictions, but it felt like no one was in the same room at any time. I know they probably weren't, but I thought the trick was to make it seem like they were? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Andrew Garfield

was the absolute MVP of Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Caught it at the end of its cinema run the other week and got it on the streams to watch with Mrs JB this afternoon.

Not a dry eye in the house.

I’ve seen it 3 times now. It’s diminishing returns for me on each rewatch. There are some great things, but other things that really disappoint. Aunt May in this film seems to have 180 her character from the previous 2 films being my most hated. As a trilogy I like the films, but it isn’t my favourite of the 3. 

15 hours ago, gmoney said:

I thought the new Spider-Man was cack. Only Dafoe and Molina stood out. I know it must have been a logistical nightmare to film with the schedules of everyone, and Covid restrictions, but it felt like no one was in the same room at any time. I know they probably weren't, but I thought the trick was to make it seem like they were? 

Yeah I watched it the other night and thought it was fuckawful. It did remind me that Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man. It felt like watching someone play a computer game. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It did remind me that Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man. 

He’s the worst, and I include Nicholas Hammond in that. He was too old looking at the time and his Peter was lame. The films are great (well, not 3) but it was a sum of its parts.