Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

1 minute ago, Just Some Guy said:

I believe the Mega City 1 TV show is still in the works and Karl Urban is still involved.

Agreed, it's not a sequel but it's better than nothing.

I hope so, I feel like that and Gideon Falls have got lost somewhere and won't be made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm badly behind on Phase 4. Can't watch Spider Man No Way Home yet as its not on anything that we have streaming (free) and aren't going to pay to rent it on Prime Video, cant watch Dr Strange yet until we have. Have forced mrs raid to start watching Loki because I understand that its better to watch that and WandaVision before we start watching the movies that deal with the "multiverse" idea.

CAN anyone who sees Love And Thunder let me know if there is much "multiverse" stuff going on, in particular allusions to things that have already happened, or would mrs raid and I be ok using our free O2 tickets to go see it this Sunday?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I'm badly behind on Phase 4. Can't watch Spider Man No Way Home yet as its not on anything that we have streaming (free) and aren't going to pay to rent it on Prime Video, cant watch Dr Strange yet until we have. Have forced mrs raid to start watching Loki because I understand that its better to watch that and WandaVision before we start watching the movies that deal with the "multiverse" idea.

CAN anyone who sees Love And Thunder let me know if there is much "multiverse" stuff going on, in particular allusions to things that have already happened, or would mrs raid and I be ok using our free O2 tickets to go see it this Sunday?

You would be fine. Though I thought it was nowhere near as enjoyable as Ragnarok personally, but you won't have needed to see Strange or Spidey first, it's in it's own bubble.

• Awards Moderator

Agreed, if you’ve seen the previous Thors and the Avengers films you’re totally good for Love & Thunder.

I’d actually argue you don’t need to see No Way Home before Multiverse Of Madness. Strange and Wong briefly mention near the start that they dealt with something multiversey involving Spider-Man, but they don’t go into any details and I’d say MoM’s plot functions pretty independently of No Way Home. I believe MoM was originally planned to be released before NWH but Covid switched them round.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

You can watch Multiverse of Madness without seeing Spider-Man, there's no massive spoilers in it (and MoM was originally going to be released before Spider-Man before they swapped things round and would have made waaaaaay more sense.)

Edited by chokeout

I see the Cloverfield Paradox guy has scored himself the Captain America 4 gig. I know it doesn’t really matter who directs these films as they all turn out mostly the same but what did anyone see in that guy that made them think he’s the guy to handle a massive blockbuster. Then again Chloe Zhao was one of the more interesting choices and she ended up making one of the worse ones.

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I see the Cloverfield Paradox guy has scored himself the Captain America 4 gig. I know it doesn’t really matter who directs these films as they all turn out mostly the same but what did anyone see in that guy that made them think he’s the guy to handle a massive blockbuster. Then again Chloe Zhao was one of the more interesting choices and she ended up making one of the worse ones.

Hey now, at least one person really liked Eternals.

(it’s me. I’m the one person.)

Cloverfield Paradox was bloody terrible though, which doesn’t fill me with hope for Cap 4.

• Paid Members

He's bang on trend for the marvel system. Made a few well received lower budget films (ignoring Paradox) and is bought in to work under the studio system. 

Don't judge him on Paradox. He made a $5million Sci Fi movie which mid way through production the studio decided was going to be retrofitted to a cloverfield movie. The budget was upped to throw in more effects. Its a very odd situation for a director to be in. Check out Luce which has a lower budget and is a decent film.