Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Having seen them all for reasons I can't explain, I'd say Garfield was comfortably the worst. The current one next. I did keep hoping someone would say in the new one "Why are the other universe Spider Men forty?"

18 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Wasn't that the point? 

I don’t know anything about Moon Knight. Is he not two people in one body? If the British dialect is meant to be shit they did a good job but given its Marvel I just assumed it was more badly written lingo. Fun show though.

Yeah it definitely came across as a parody of Notting Hill era Hugh Grant and a lesser talent than Issac could struggle to pull that off but he just felt written like every British character that’s ever popped up in an American sitcom where the localisations vary from a little off to completely made up.

• Awards Moderator

Really enjoyed the first episode of Moon Knight, thought Oscar Isaac played Steven very well indeed, The chase scene was fun, the confusion was fun, the bizarreness was fun. I think the last shot of the episode was probably the most disappointing bit, only because of how much I'd enjoyed everything up to then and the realisation that that part of the show's probably over now.

3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Really enjoyed the first episode of Moon Knight, thought Oscar Isaac played Steven very well indeed, The chase scene was fun, the confusion was fun, the bizarreness was fun. I think the last shot of the episode was probably the most disappointing bit, only because of how much I'd enjoyed everything up to then and the realisation that that part of the show's probably over now.

Having read a non spoiler review of the first four episodes, I wouldn't worry about that part being over per se.

I watched it twice. Once on my own and once with my wife who went in thinking it was going to be bollocks and came out deciding it was fun, crazy, bollocks and was disappointed about there only being one ep up so far.

Yup it was very good, helped that they've got a superb actor as the lead. It annoys me just how badly the fucked him over in Star Wars.

11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah it definitely came across as a parody of Notting Hill era Hugh Grant and a lesser talent than Issac could struggle to pull that off but he just felt written like every British character that’s ever popped up in an American sitcom where the localisations vary from a little off to completely made up.

I would say to just stick with the show and the character. It's definitely a choice.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Factotum said:

Yup it was very good, helped that they've got a superb actor as the lead. It annoys me just how badly the fucked him over in Star Wars.

To be fair, that's something you could say about quite a few people in the later films. I liked them all, personally, but at the same time, there were a lot of flaws, and one of them was how they built up hopes for Finn, Poe, Rose, etc., and proceeded to render them all near-irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

To be fair, that's something you could say about quite a few people in the later films. I liked them all, personally, but at the same time, there were a lot of flaws, and one of them was how they built up hopes for Finn, Poe, Rose, etc., and proceeded to render them all near-irrelevant.

Yeah absolutely. The one good thing is Adam Driver and Isaac seem to have bounced out of it with not much baggage. But imagine having those two actors of that caliber and barely having them in any scenes. I wont rant on those films, it would turn into a mega thread!

• 4 weeks later...