What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

NO! Not the Nine-Nine. Legit one of my favourite sitcoms ever. This is a travesty. There are few sitcoms ever that have given me stomach hurting laughs like Captain Holt's delivery of 'Velvet thunder'.

• Paid Members

Netflix surely has to pick this up? It worked bloody hard to get rights to every other season of it, working with Samberg and the Lonely Island on some original content would be great and it's obviously got the fan base needed. 

If resubscribe for a full season of it on there. 

• Awards Moderator

No! Not the Nine-Nine. Really sad to hear that, it’s pretty much the only sitcom we watch these days. So many good characters, and that great Parks & Rec feeling that the characters actually like each other. Uncancel it please!

Regarding Brooklyn Nine-Nine, apparently TBS, CBS, Hulu and Netflix have expressed interest in picking it up, so fingers crossed in that respect. FOX never really did right by the show, it was shunted around the timeslots and had god awful breaks over winter none of which helped the ratings.

We watched the first 3 episodes of Cobra Kai last weekend and plan to get a good chunk more done tonight. Between that, the new Monkey reboot on Netflix and the new Duck Tales on Disney my childhood has been having a great time recently.

• Paid Members

Cobra Kai was fucking remarkable. It had no business, yet it had every business, being as good as it was. Amazing stuff. Was near tears with giddiness at points.

Has anyone watch The Looming Tower yet? Very curious about it, but don't want to sit through 10 episodes of Homeland-lite, when I've just sat through Season 7 of what turned out to be Homeland-lite.

• Paid Members

Yeah there's no way Brooklyn 99 won't get picked up, as others have mentioned Netflix seems logical. Like they did with Arrested Development, didn't they? It's way too popular (and good- probably the only comedy both me and my wife will watch together) to not be given a lifeline.

@Scott MalbranqueSomebody recommended the Looming Tower to me and I can't for the life of me remember who, but they raved about it. It might've been my older sister, her tastes are pretty good with this sort of thing. Then again, it might be somebody from work, and they're all cunts that watch fucking bollocks shows. I realise that isn't particularly helpful to you either way.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

It's a better starting point than what I had, Brewster. I'll give the first episode a watch and see what's what.
I just really don't want another Ozark situation, where I was confused and hurt that I invested so much time into what was essentially a shit Martin McDonagh film, with lakes and trees.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah there's no way Brooklyn 99 won't get picked up, as others have mentioned Netflix seems logical. Like they did with Arrested Development, didn't they? It's way too popular (and good- probably the only comedy both me and my wife will watch together) to not be given a lifeline. 

Apparently Hulu has a first right of refusal on it before Netflix get a shot, it so I read online. It makes little difference here, other than that we may have a delay in getting it from when it airs in the US.