What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I've only seen him in one episode so far (just finished episode 3, Mark Warren was surrisingly good!) But in Currahee it was the way he was introduced, maniaclly pacing up and down dressing the men down that just screamed crazy "My Sandwich!" Ross. 

I desperately want to fire through and binge watch it but after two episodes in a row I felt emotionally drained. Between this and the 20 odd hour long Dan Carlin podcast I've been listening to on the first world war I think I'll need counelling.

• Paid Members

It is very draining but Replacements (4) and Crossroads (5) do slow in pace a bit so you can relax before the emotions of Bastogne (6). How many 'before they were famous' faces have you spotted so far?

Band of Brothers is an amazing piece of work, I have watched the whole thing maybe 10 times now and wouldn't feel the least bit bored to watch it again anytime soon. I watched it with my brother, father and two ex girlfriends, all of them end up loving it. Truly a masterpiece.

I actaully felt somewhat let down by The Pacific as it wasn't as good as BOB

What's interesting to me is many of the support stars went on to be massive stars while the main actors have mostly stayed in TV.

Donnie Whalberg said "Hang tough" on the last episode of BoB I watched. 

@LaGoosh did you finish The Terror? I noticed when I watched it it had no subtitles for certain bits and wondered if that was how it aired or if it was my shitty stream settings.

• Paid Members

Yeah I finished it and noticed too that some bits weren't subtitled. I assumed it was intentional.

Incredible ending though, genuinely shocking and horrific in parts. An all time classic series.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

If you're in any way a fan of Karate Kid, the Youtube sequel series that dropped yesterday, Cobra Kai, is sensational.

Going to plough through them at the weekend. The teasers for it look brilliant.

Is it as good as it looks?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Going to plough through them at the weekend. The teasers for it look brilliant.

Is it as good as it looks?

I'm unable to be objective about it, as Karate Kid is my absolute favourite film, so you could project a picture of Martin Kove in a gi onto a wall for 2 hours and I'd give it a ***** review, but I found it to be fantastic. Plenty of call-backs and references, but it's its own beast too, and parts of it had me outright blubbing.

• Paid Members

One episode in and I love it already. Such a great vibe. The flashback sequence in the car with the Foreigner track over the top is fucking ace. Thought Johnny aged about 10 years after his shave though!