What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

18 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

On Cheers, Frasier said his father was dead and that he was an only child.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Yeah, but the way they approached that in Frasier was superb.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

"Dream", wasn't it?

Goodman mentions something about "that book you wrote where I died." So the last series of Roseanne was supposedly a book Roseanne had wrote. Completely daft, but Roseanne was so ungodly shite the last few series, its probably forgivable they didnt continue that chronology on.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Goodman mentions something about "that book you wrote where I died." So the last series of Roseanne was supposedly a book Roseanne had wrote. Completely daft, but Roseanne was so ungodly shite the last few series, its probably forgivable they didnt continue that chronology on.

The story here is apparently Roseanne did a US pilot of Absolutely Fabulous tat didn't get picked up. Instead of taking that on the chin, she decided to turn the show Roseanne into what she wanted Ab Fab to be, so she had them win the lottery and did all sorts of daft plots totally against the grain of the old show. It bombed and then she did the weird book finale. That whole last series is a total write off. Haven't seen the new ep yet, but in it's prime it was a fantastic show. 

• Paid Members

That era of US comdedy was gold, you could always rely on Channel 4 at 9pm on a Friday with either Cheers, Roseanne and The Golden Girls or a BBC 2 showing of The Cosby Show for some laughs.

On 29/03/2018 at 10:03 PM, ColinBollocks said:

How are people enjoying the new season of Still Game?

I thought the first couple of episodes were very average, but pleasingly the two after have been very funny. The one tonight was brilliant.

Definitely agree Thursdays episode was the best one so far. I enjoyed the walking football one too.

Watched new Family Guy for the first time in years. It still hasn't declined. It's as good (or bad) as it's ever been.

American Dad, too, after over a dozen seasons is as good as it's ever been.

Got to hand it to Seth MacFarlane. While both shows were never as good as South Park or The Simpsons at their peak, they've maintained their quality.

The Simpsons has more awful episodes than good ones now. 

South Park has become way too topical. It used to be very intelligently written, but the writing nosedived around the time they wrote shows about Britney Spears blowing her head off and Oprah Winfrey's vagina talking with cockney accents.

On 06/04/2018 at 1:26 PM, Merzbow said:

Jesus, the latest episode of Atlanta is something special and could give Inside No. 9 a run for its money. Also, Lakeith Stanfield's brilliant.

Im over half way through the first series and it's really great however I'm a little confused. Without spoiling it, have they deliberately not cleared up what happened with the shooting yet or have I missed it? 

Started watching ReMind on Netflix. Has a kind of Saw meets An Inspector Calls with Japanese schoolgirls, but don’t let that put you off. Two episodes in and should be interesting to see where it goes. 

4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Im over half way through the first series and it's really great however I'm a little confused. Without spoiling it, have they deliberately not cleared up what happened with the shooting yet or have I missed it? 

I'd say whole shooting scenario is deliberately obscured so you're ok not knowing what happened.

I've heard that Re:Mind is absolute garbage, I'm still going to watch it.